Finally listned to The Mantle

Dec 27, 2004
Wasn't my cup of tea. At all. Just wondering what all the hype was about? Its not even really Metal most of the time...wondering how Agalloch beat so many amazing METAL bands in the BEST METAL BAND EVVAARRR contest...

I guess because it's something a little bit different...and then maybe you get people who think they're too cool to listen to Metal so they have to plug bands like Agalloch instead :loco:

I won't deny that its interesting music, but I don't see how it won a contest to vote for the greatest metal band ever.

KILL TULLY said:
I won't deny that its interesting music, but I don't see how it won a contest to vote for the greatest metal band ever.

then maybe you get people who think they're too cool to listen to Metal so they have to plug bands like Agalloch instead

;)

rp.jpg

KILL TULLY said:
Its not even really Metal most of the time...
No, no it isn't. Which is why I'm still confused as fuck at a lot of you über-rules types telling me the specific qualifications of a metal band and blah blah blah done this all before who cares.

This album rules, but I only listen to it for about 3 months of the season, fall weather really brings out the magic. The rest of the year I have little desire to hear it.

Tully, your signature makes it so fucking hard to browse this forum at school. I could turn them off, but I am way too lazy, plus the Billy Dee Williams picture is AWESOME.

If/when the pink thong bitch goes away, I shall be sad. Billy Dee Williams is forever ingrained into my retinas though, so that one may come and go at will.

Royal Carnage is my only source of entertainment while my programming teacher is trying to teach these sluts how to save a file to their desktop... and he actually thinks that they'll be able to program a video game by the end of this quarter... heh...

One Inch Man said:
This album rules, but I only listen to it for about 3 months of the season, fall weather really brings out the magic. The rest of the year I have little desire to hear it.

right on!

in the late fall, early winter, I give it OMG OMG 10/10!!! MUST LISTEN OVER AND OVER

and then the rest of the year, I say "mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

thus why I'm not even gonna bother listening to the vinyl edition I got until the proper season rolls around

Let me tell you, when the Stormcrowfleet vinyl comes out in December, no other music will grace my ears until February.

(you know, besides Summoning and Negura Bunget)

I never play The Mantle anymore. Just no desire to. In fact, I rarely listen to any depressing sounding music as of late.

No cheese metal please. :loco:

I've been busy with Pagan/Heathen/Viking/Folk black metal bands. Belenos is just owning me in every whch way, especially doggy style. And having just ordered the new Nachtfalke, I have no time for depression.