finally, saw one of my favorite bands!

soulflypl said:
Hey there OfficerN!
Hey Hey Hey back! What's up!!!

The Blood brothers indeed is a pretty slow song and far from - what i understand you like the most which are some reasonable power chords -
...but i still like the solo :Spin: ...and what is even worse - i think it is actually Janick's solo there if i am not mistaken :Spin: - at least he was the one who played it during Brave New World Tour:cool:
I dont have a high opinion of Jannick Gers or that song "Blood Brothers"
so this would be a good opp to make a joke, but nah... and yes it is
a very far cry from what I love about Maiden, Somewhere in Time and
Powerslave especially, more than any other records.

hope i don't need some ON Camp training after that statement :Spin:
Ha Ha! That's funny. ...No....no...no....no...ON training camp for anyone in
the PL!....You're totally \m/ METAL \m/...no training camp for you.

The people who NEED Officer Nice Boot Camp most are the Opeth fans. :)

they played one song from SiT during 1991 tour (they even played the same one during Give me Ed til i am dead tour)
"Give me Ed Til I am Dead Tour?"...I've heard the name, probably from
being on ironmaiden.com, but ....what album was that?
That wasnt a studio album, was that a tour for a 'best of' or 'box set'
Maiden's been to California twice in recent years, once for BNW and last
August for the new record. "Give Me Ed..." was fairly recently wasnt it?

it is even mentioned on your list!...It is Heaven can wait
Yeah!! I TOTALLY overlooked that cuz I was rushing to finish posting setlists
because ER was starting and my favorite HOT chick on ER was on the screen!
I always more attention to HOT women than anything else so I lost focus
on my post. Good catch! I always think they should be playing half the album including my fav Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner. Their setlists always piss me off so I was posting setlists and my favorite HOT chick comes on and I make a fool of myself! ha ha! ....Good Catch!...

Yo DL - you are welcome:wave:

OfficerNice said:
"Give me Ed Til I am Dead Tour?"...I've heard the name, probably from
being on ironmaiden.com, but ....what album was that?
That wasnt a studio album, was that a tour for a 'best of' or 'box set'
Maiden's been to California twice in recent years, once for BNW and last
August for the new record. "Give Me Ed..." was fairly recently wasnt it?
you are right - that tour was in USA in August and was no connected with any album release.
They played quite good set there - including Revelations, Die with your boots on, 22 AA, and stuff they usually play but of corz the list could use some improvement - i want Aces High!!!!!!!! and Running freeeee!!!!!!!
The merch on this tour was quite cool - they used some old cover art for T-shirt fronts - i finally got myself Aces High T-shirt and also Piece of mind was available (both with tour dates on the back.:headbang:

soulflypl said:
you are right - that tour was in USA in August and was no connected with any album release.
No, actually, I was wrong again! I thought their concert in Aug was for
the new studio album. But if that was the "give me ed" tour than they
should be making another pass through America!
At least that gives them a chance to change their setlist....

They played quite good set there - including Revelations, Die with your boots on, 22 AA, and stuff they usually play but of corz the list could use some improvement - i want Aces High!!!!!!!! and Running freeeee!!!!!!!
It would be cool to have the Aces High Backdrop with the Churchill Intro.
I wish they'd include Wasted Years, Caught Somewhere in Time, Sea of
Madness, Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner, Rime of the Ancient
Mariner, Back to the Village, Powerslave, and put The Clarivoyant back
in the setlist.

Dead_Lioness said:
Mister Officer Nice-
no, its NOT my bf in that picture. he stayed home while i was in New York (things are not so good lately. happy? )

and NO, i havent seen maiden untill last Monday.
you're right- i travelled so much, worked for metal magazines and lables, been EVERYWHERE
yet,
i never had luck with maiden!
everytime they had a european tour- i missed them.
everytime i travelled - i somehow managed to get where they were- 2 days after,
it was like a bad karma on my head with maiden.....
all my friends used to laugh about it, u know?
since im such a big fan- and ALWAYS something came up and somehow i couldnt go...
one time it was my best friend's wedding in Holland (with all due respect maiden, my friend is on my top priorities) one time i had to go home ASAP because my grandmother passed away.... there was always something.
and finally.
last monday - i saw them !!!! it was 100% joy.

oh, and no, i wasnt in the gig when that dumb ass spilled beer on the amps.
they played soooo good! my god!
:worship:
i had such a great time.
Why did have such good luck:worship:
I've never seen one of my fav. bands such as Iron Maiden and Testament~~
Sigh, they will never come to my country~~
U took really great pix!!!!

OfficerNice said:
HL
what was on the setlist?
Hey ON , not in any order, They opened with a song I'm not familiar with (it has to be new cause I've never heard it), then the trooper, hallowed be thy name, fear of the dark, can I play with madness, , iron maiden, they did some acoustic song sitting on stools (think it's a new song too), number of the beast , then closed with run to the hills. Short list, but those are the songs I remember them playing. DL, wanna fill in the blanks ?

hiddenlegions said:
Hey ON , not in any order, They opened with a song I'm not familiar with (it has to be new cause I've never heard it), then the trooper, hallowed be thy name, fear of the dark, can I play with madness, , iron maiden, they did some acoustic song sitting on stools (think it's a new song too), number of the beast , then closed with run to the hills. Short list, but those are the songs I remember them playing. DL, wanna fill in the blanks ?

Hey HL, thanks. Looks like they have a fairly standard list of songs
for their setlist.

BTW, every time I read your posts, I think you're Eric Peterson.

OfficerNice said:
Hey HL, thanks. Looks like they have a fairly standard list of songs
for their setlist.

BTW, every time I read your posts, I think you're Eric Peterson.
Funny you say that , I was actually thinking of changing that pic :D

hiddenlegions said:
Funny you say that , I was actually thinking of changing that pic :D

HA HA! I hope you're changing it to another Eric Peterson otherwise I'm
gonna think Eric Peterson is impersonating someone else! :loco: :D

Dead_Lioness said:
thankyou very much!

where do you live ?

Capitalize your first letters.
'Thank You' is 2 words.
There's no spaces between words and question marks.

Annoying. :erk:

Thank you very much!

Where do you live?

formaldehyde said:
I live in Taipei, Taiwan~~
I think seldom ppl would know this place :(
Testament was in Taipei......1999.......We flew from Frankfurthad, had a lay over at the Airport in Taipei, before traveling on to Japan....We were just at the airport though..............I have been their technically.................:Spin:

Deadly Embrace said:
Testament was in Taipei......1999.......We flew from Frankfurthad, had a lay over at the Airport in Taipei, before traveling on to Japan....We were just at the airport though..............I have been their technically.................:Spin:

Why didnt they play here~~ sigh~~
and i am surprised they waited for the plane in Taiwan~~
i wish i could be the passenger !!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
COME PLZ~~~~~~~

Look what Gene Simmons has to say about their concert in LA:

"...Took my son Nick and his friend Alex (producer Giorgio Morodor's son) to see IRON MAIDEN. Maiden were terrific. While I usually get the lion's share of attention in public, going out with my son teaches me a good lesson in humility. Nick stands out in a crowd. He's just under 6 foot, 6 inches tall. Wears a size 15 foot. I'm 6 foot, 2 inches tall. I've always been used to being the big guy. Not around my son. But, being in KISS has its rewards. For one thing, when your son finds another band interesting, you can always say "..oh yeah. We took them out as our supporting act on their first tour in the early '80s (Europe)." It's great to hear him say, "...really? Wow."...

:lol:

Dead_Lioness said:
Look what Gene Simmons has to say about their concert in LA:

"...Took my son Nick and his friend Alex (producer Giorgio Morodor's son) to see IRON MAIDEN. Maiden were terrific. While I usually get the lion's share of attention in public, going out with my son teaches me a good lesson in humility. Nick stands out in a crowd. He's just under 6 foot, 6 inches tall. Wears a size 15 foot. I'm 6 foot, 2 inches tall. I've always been used to being the big guy. Not around my son. But, being in KISS has its rewards. For one thing, when your son finds another band interesting, you can always say "..oh yeah. We took them out as our supporting act on their first tour in the early '80s (Europe)." It's great to hear him say, "...really? Wow."...

:lol:
That's what gene simmons said, rite? I was glad to hear that his son likes maiden!!!!