finally saw this movie. . .

Requiem For a Dream (director's cut)

VERY harrowing, intense movie, especially towards the end. great acting, great soundtrack, VERY deft cinematography. . . the only complaint i have about it is that, at times, the speaking was no more than mumbling and was very hard to hear.

anyway. . . excellent movie, i'm glad i bought it. i really want to see this guy's previous movie Pi.

9.5/10

It was a good movie, but didnt you think it was a bit fatalistic? I never have heard of a herion addict losing their arm to ganggrene or a speed user needing electric shock therapy- It was well done, but christ it went too far.

uhh, yeah, GANGREEN from too many shots in one area. Sure, ive heard of it,. Never done it myself, shot the shit you know. But yeah, i know of a guy who can barley use his fucken left arm. He lives here in my town. He is a low life sure, but yes, the old arm can fall off dude.

I THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT MOVIE. TO ME IT SHOWED THE "UGLY" SIDE OF LONG TERM DRUG USE.:puke: I ALSO HAVE HEARD OF PEOPLE SHOOTING UP IN BETWEEN THEIR FINGERS AND TOES AND HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THEIR HANDS AND FEET. I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WHO HAVE SHOT HEROIN AND OTHER DRUGS, BUT I HATE NEEDLES AND WILL NEVER "SHOOT UP" OR "PUSH OFF".

i agree that this movie was most excellent. However, my one complaint was that the main character said "for christ's sake" like every other line. It got to be quite rediculous. Next time you watch the movie, look for it, it's actually kinda funny me and my freinds joke around about it all the time.

As for Pi. That movie is just fucked up. That's really all it is, fucked up and that's it. Oh yeah, and it's in black and white. It's a cool movie, though i didn't like it as much as requiem

Pi was great, but nothing next to Requiem. Requiem is one of my favorite movies ever-- when I watched it for the first time, I didn't say a single word after the movie, and just let the credits roll. No other movie has done that for me.

Well I just figured he got gangrene or something- anyone know what kind of infection would cause such an imfection as to need amputation? Still at times it seemed like a DARE movie to me with it's very anti-drug message, despite the theme in which drugs were the means to happiness for the characters, yet as we tragically find out, drugs do not produce happy people in the end. I dunno it was very good, but not a classic.