finding a job

Pessimism

Endemic Vagabond
Feb 16, 2004
SoCal
i am making this thread for those who are also having a hard time - give each other help and other bits of information

ill go first: ive been to about 50 places in the last two weeks trying to find a job - and at every one of them it has been were not hiring (or the 3 i have found where i have to talk to the manager at a specific time while im at classes). what am i doing wrong? i present myself well, but even when getting applications and such i am percieved as some wierdo! is it the hair? the black clothes (just shirt, jacket, pants - none of that goth looking shit) what is it? what am i doing wrong?
not to mention that but i dont have a car - so i have to find local places or places buses can take me - i cant get my license without my birth certificate because of all the legal work with adoption papers and such (need money for this too) and to do this i need a job - it goes full fucking circle lol

do any of you have similar experiances? what did you do?

Oooh, man I feel bad for you. A lot of times if you want a decent paying job you have to get hooked up by someone you know that works there. That's how it's usually worked for me. Once you get a steady job though, everything's great....until you start hating your job. Good luck.

Oh.. Good, there`s not only me that have a hard time finding a job..
In 2 years I`ve applied to 197 jobs, I tried everything. Give the aplication in person, send it and call after a few days, call first and send aplication afterwards.. No job..
Since I`m educated as a nurse, it shouldn`t be so hard finding some work, but there`s gotta be something about me that makes people say no to me..?!
I want a job, I get crazy of being home, not have any money......

Does anyone have any advice for me?
I`ve actually tried everything, not just aplying, but I`ve asked several places if they need work help, stores of anykind, at nursinghomes, different industries and much more.
I`ve also sent out introduction letters... But nothing helps...
I`m actually not desperat, it sounds like that tho, I actually enjoy being home...
I got a daughter, she`s 1 year old so I got enough to do... But I miss working...

Learn blackjack strategy. Works fine when you're clinically disabled and can't work a regular job. /shrug

A few hundred bucks in a night makes me wonder why I spent all those years at the factory.... But of course it's a risky business and shouldn't be done full-time.

Just my situation, probably no help, but there it is.

TB666 said:
Jobs are for suckers
University is the win :cool:

I'm going to university next year so I'll finally be able to leave the miserable tire-changing job that I've been at for like 3 and a half years, I think. I'm so freaking excited to be focused on that instead of work all the time. I know it's gonna rule. Yeah, screw getting a job. Go to university man.

Damn, we don't get jackshit for going to school here in the States. However, we do have to pay a fuckload of money just to go to a university.

I want to go back to school, get a better edducation. But since I don`t have a job I can`t afford it.
Here in Norway it`s not much money you get when you go to school.. Probably 2000-3000 nkr a month and if you need more you can loan about 30 000 nkr a year.
That`s what one of the fucking richest countries help their own with..
Shall I tell you what I get from the government as help ? Ah, I tell it anyway...
900 nkr a week, and with the food prices that we pay tax for twice and all the bills that just land in my post I don`t got a lot at the end of the week. Sometimes I don`t got a shit..

Do I get more help from the government ? NOOOOOOOO..... They cannot just give out money to everyone that needs it... I got a daughter, I don`t have enough money to buy her clothes, I`m lucky tho, my mum helps me out...

You know what the government use their money on ? Fucking refugees that comes here, they use their money on paperwork, fucking paperwork and they send lots and lots of money out of the country, helping the poors.. WTF.. What about the poor here in Norway, shouldn`t they get to live.?
What about giving the poor about, maybe 3000 more a month.

OFF TOPIC...... Anyway...

This morning I wrote 3 jobaplies, I have called these jobs and some others... They sounded interrested, so I hope my luck will turn around soon...

I'm afraid you will find that is the case in most countries now. I had to put myself through Uni(twice) by taking loans and student loans. So if you are keen to advance your education then it seems the only solution is to finance it yourself.

eh, i've graduated univ this year.. and it isn't any better, here where i live anyway.. i am master of science - enviromental engineer (no experience!)
and still it is hopeless.. i cannot find anything in my field or any relative.

i got some training job into law enforcement - doing the secretary work in general, getting the lowest paid.. not sure about my future (as it is only training)

no, i am not here to complain, but i feel like my time i've spend on univ is wasted. Most of my univ friends are unemployed... eh..

halwaya said:
eh, i've graduated univ this year.. and it isn't any better, here where i live anyway.. i am master of science - enviromental engineer (no experience!)
and still it is hopeless.. i cannot find anything in my field or any relative.

i got some training job into law enforcement - doing the secretary work in general, getting the lowest paid.. not sure about my future (as it is only training)

no, i am not here to complain, but i feel like my time i've spend on univ is wasted. Most of my univ friends are unemployed... eh..

Yeah, that`s the problem nowadays.. People with high education don`t get work...
I`m educated as a nurse, that`s a education one should think there`s always work... But no.... A person that have never worked with things like that has a better chance to get the job before me..
I think that has to do with money... As a nurse I get the triple than a person that has never worked with that before in pay..

Carline said:
Yeah, that`s the problem nowadays.. People with high education don`t get work...
I`m educated as a nurse, that`s a education one should think there`s always work... But no.... A person that have never worked with things like that has a better chance to get the job before me..
I think that has to do with money... As a nurse I get the triple than a person that has never worked with that before in pay..

Our nurses also find it hard to get a job - they decide to work getting lower paid, some are leaving to other countries..

I think this situation is sick. Hospitals should hire well educated stuff. Economy isn't that important in this case. Sadly money makes the world around.

ive been there, now iv quit looking for a job. The only reason i need one is because i have nothing to do over the weekend. I need something to do in my free time. I dont really need money. Everyone i know has a job cuz of people they know. And i ask them if they can help me out. Not only that, im 18 and i cant get a license...my parents fucked up when we moved here.

And whenever i do get the little money from my parents, i usually have to give it back cuz they always need money for groceries and whatnot.

lovehatesme said:
ive been there, now iv quit looking for a job. The only reason i need one is because i have nothing to do over the weekend. I need something to do in my free time. I dont really need money. Everyone i know has a job cuz of people they know. And i ask them if they can help me out. Not only that, im 18 and i cant get a license...my parents fucked up when we moved here.

And whenever i do get the little money from my parents, i usually have to give it back cuz they always need money for groceries and whatnot.

Well, since you live at home with your parents you don`t need so much money... But when you move out and get an apartment, have to pay rent and whatever comes with living alone you are going to need a job and money... Why don`t you try to get a job and start saving to move out from your parents?

I moved out from my mother when I was 15... Started to work when I was 16... Some shitty jobs in summer, but I did manage to get enough money to attend to school...