Finding it difficult to live without a dying plugin...

Matt-Steele

Aug 29, 2008
New York
www.myspace.com
Guys, I have a problem. I have a reverb plug in, (Arts Acoustic) that I can't seem to live without. The sound I've developed with it and the preset I've created especially on guitar, I've come to need. But with Cubase 6, whenever I load a track preset with the Arts Acoustic, the entire track is silent until I open the gui. I know it's very strange. I have tried and have purchased many reverbs (i'm always looking for something as good or better than what I already have) I even have the Lexicon reverbs which are suppose to be superior to just about everything out there. I have a feeling the Arts Acoustic reverb is getting too old, and may not continue to be supported in the future.

I guess I would appreciate suggestions from you guys as to what I should do. Should I just continue to tough it out with the Arts Acoustic, or is there another reverb you know I should be using that is far superior, or you know I can attain the same sound I get in Art Acoustic, though I may need to spend tons of time tweaking it to get it there.

The arts acoustic gives my guitars a warm sound that adds to the natural characteristics of a real tube amp, but when I record, I'm usually using ampsims today. Is there an easy way to create an impulse of my Arts Acoustic reverb and use a convolution reverb with the same results?

What do you guys suggest? Thanks.