favorite reverb IR's?

Fragle

Jul 27, 2005
Germany
for some reason getting huge and natural reverbs is one thing i seem to struggle with the most. i've been using algorithmic reverbs for quite some time now, as i didn't like the lack of tweakability with impulse based reverbs. mainly freeverb two, antress modern spacer, ambience, and redline reverb (which was the best out of the bunch, but the demo license expired and i don't have the cash right now).

i guess many of you use and love IR based reverbs. any recommendations regarding your fave ones?
especially for some sneap/richardson style reverbs?

although sneap's using the d-verb quite a lot....maybe there's a plugin in the freeware/low-price realm that get's close to that? freeverb two is often cited as the closest one for that sneap drum reverb sound, but i'm still struggling with that fat snare reverb...maybe i'm tweaking it wrong dunno...

the bricasti ones are really nice.
Having used a real m7, they are pretty much dead on. still not quite there. but i had a tough time telling the difference

I used to use the Acousticas Bricasti M7 pack a lot. After the Lexicon native pack came out I stopped completely. I have a feeling that I may also end up strongly using the coming Relab 480L plug-in, if he actually tweaks it to sound like the real thing, unlike some recent clips I've heard.

altiverb is nice IR reverb, BLUEVERB also is very useful (not IR). in general, reverb is very frequently overused and makes your mix sound muddy very easily, but I also think it can be magical. I havn't heard the EMT or the 480L modeling software yet, but the hardware was epic. every studio used to have those EMT and Lexicons, excellent for metal. (in moderation)