finding mix services (prog metal)

HellHaven

www.hellhaven.pl
Jun 23, 2016
Dear friends,

First of all, I would like to say hello to everyone. I am a new user on this forum

What brought me here was an information, that this is a good place to find proper person for high-quality mix services. (If I misplaced this post, dropped it to the wrong part of forum – please delete it or relocate it. I’m new here and I have sincere desire not to do something against respectable forum rules)

Let’s get straight to the business.

I represent polish prog metal band HellHaven (https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/HellHaven or youtube.com/hellhavenrocks). Sorry, no English version yet. We are now finishing recording session in one of Polish studio near Krakow of our third album. I have recorded tracks, and I am looking for someone who could mix our full album. (9 songs, about 1hr 10 min.). I don’t know where to start with money case, but let’s just place money-thread in the future. Of course we want to pay 100% for your precious work

Now we are looking for someone who could prepare a sample mix of one of our songs. Tracks are packed in zip file (link below). This package contains 20-30 separate wave tracks in mono (except stereo synths), short information in English about what we expect and pre-studio mother-tape of this son

Package: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17779447/HellHaven_tracks.zip
You can also contact me by my e-mail address kuba.wegrzyn[@]wp.pl, anytime.

Thank you,

Kuba Wegrzyn

www.hellhaven.pl

Reactions: keenly
Welcome aboard :)
great stuff! Just watched a few songs from the live gig :thumbsup:

The download is rather slow, not sure why. Usually Dropbox is a trusty download source

thank you MrBongo. dropbox had some maintenance problems, so maybe this is the cause. i dont want to put this on wetransfer cause they will delete file after 7 days :/

Hey man, first of all, welcome!

I'll mix your song as soon as I finish the album I'm working on this week!

dropbox blocked it because of high traffic :/ ill change the host server this evening

Definitely liking the song! I will probably have a mix ready next week.

The track placement chart is definitely helpful, but please make sure that ALL tracks start from 0 if you send this out for mixing in the coming future.

Definitely helps to get it mixed right ;)

Reactions: Phil_ocean
I download your track and I'm willing to try, but I have few questions:

GUITARS:
- Do you have DI tracks instead of reamped ones?
- Guitars are not labeled "Left" or "Right" but with numbers instead - do all guitars labeled as "1" for example go on one stereo channel, and all "2"s on the other? (This would make the rhythm guitars quad-tracked?). You should always label the tracks with corresponding stereo channel...

DRUMS:
- Are these stems from a plugin? If yes then you should upload MIDI file also, not just stems.

Thank you.

I download your track and I'm willing to try, but I have few questions:

GUITARS:
- Do you have DI tracks instead of reamped ones?
- Guitars are not labeled "Left" or "Right" but with numbers instead - do all guitars labeled as "1" for example go on one stereo channel, and all "2"s on the other? (This would make the rhythm guitars quad-tracked?). You should always label the tracks with corresponding stereo channel...

DRUMS:
- Are these stems from a plugin? If yes then you should upload MIDI file also, not just stems.

Thank you.
1= Left guitar
2= Right guitar
3= 2nd Left guitar
4= 2nd Right guitar

To awnser your question. Guitar 1 is left and Guitar 2 is right.

Last edited:
o_O

the tracks are very well recorded, I don´t see the need for anything DI or MIDI.
Also, I didn´t pay attention to which guitar belongs left or right. I just did what I wanted to do with them :whistle::D

Just starting to prep the project for mixing, I already love this song! Fantastic all around. I'll definitely deliver a mix here when I have finished it.

Thank you for great response -

Here is the midi file for drums: https://db.tt/ALjGhmfN
(Drums in final version will be much more better with dynamics, cause we're working on it right now very hard. Also the sound will be much more improved)

Guitars - no. 1 is left, no. 2 is right, but as MrBongo said, sometimes it's better to put them in center, to be glued together (on some riffs). That's what we want to be decided by you. We want to feel your's vision of this song.

If you REALLY want DI signals, please say so, I will try to get them. But we've already send to 5 studios DI signal, and non of the reamped by them guitars were so good with the sound as ours. We've reamped it in studio on real amps and mikes. We like this sound. It's warm, as it should be.

Thank you !