finding mix services (prog metal)

You made me rethink stop mixing and go to a corner to cry. Really nice mix, man.
Thanks, man!:kickass:But you better don't)
OK here is my Mix1 : https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y6vqzwfpmmy1dug/HELLHAVEN 0706 TestMix MIX1_EricD.mp3

Spent a lot of time working on drums MIDI to make it sounds the more human as possible.
I kept all the original guitar amp tracks as I thought they were sounding good.
I only reamped the bass (I used original DI and a Darkglass B7K reamp I did).

I send you an email right now with the files.

Thank you for this amazing song, I hear some Orphaned Land and Pain of Salvation influences, but with your own thing going on.
Good luck with the album ! ;)
Oh, dude, your mix is cool!
Especially liked the drums: heavy, roomy rock tone! What are they? The ghost notes on the snare parts is a good decision as well!:thumbsup:

Thank you mate !
Already noticed a lot of things I want to change on my mix, but hey, deadline was tight and that's the rule.

Drums are Toontrack Allaire library (from New York Lost Studios Volume 2, which include also the Hit Factory library).
I'm using these more and more often, the rooms are incredible !
It's also the 1st time I bounce the tracks with "all bleed on" feature, and then processed it like I do with real drum tracks.

Glad you noticed the ghost notes ;)

EDIT : oh, forgot to say it also has additional drum samples, all blended around 50/50 with the "live" kit.
Terry Date Maple Kick (direct + room) and one VR Music Group Snare (direct + room).

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikolas Quemtri
Guys your work is outstanding. But in last day of "mixing time period" we've recieved over 20 mixes, so finaly we have more than 40 of them ! It was a little bit overwhelming to go through all of them with proper attitude and respect to all the work you've put in it. So this is why it took us so much time. We really spent a lot of time on every, best or worst mix. Now we have already 70% of all mixes rejected. The final decision will be in this Sunday for sure.

Reactions: TRUIE
Dear friends from Ultimatemetal forum.
Thank you for your work, but unfortunately we chose a mix by polish engineer.

I think it makes no sense to write dozens of courtesy sentences apart one truly sincere - thank you very much. Your work allowed us to make a very thorough analysis of the way in which we may sound - real invaluable experience.

Before us are years of work on what we enjoy the most. So i'm glad that we can stay in contact for the future projects.

If you are willing, please submit your physical address to my e-mail kuba.wegrzyn@wp.pl. I hope that the agreement between us and label will allow us to send you special CD version of our album, as a gesture of gratitude.

Ps. We've send some of you private message, because we still thinking about making mastering "outside".

Thank you. Your response was truly awesome !

Sincerely,
On behalf of HellHaven band
Kuba Węgrzyn

I know it's way after the deadline, but I stumbled across the multitracks and felt like screwing around. I used all the original tones except for the kick. There's still a few spots I want to do some volume rides, though. I'm also not sure I have the synths coming in at the right spot, so they're kind of buried.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vohftv6u3lv9dn/HellHaven.mp3?dl=0

**EDIT**
I just realized my guitar tracks come in too early. That screenshot included wasn't terribly helpful. Next time just bounce all the tracks so they all start at the very beginning of the session, please.

**EDIT 2**
It gives the track a real Lars Ulrich feel, so fuck it I'm leaving it as is.

**EDIT 3**
I fixed the damn drums.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pj0338a0y2w9zz/HellHaven fixed drums.mp3?dl=0

Last edited:
Geeez.... It took so long to finish everything in studio and find proper label :)

Here you go :

Remember my promise about CD for guys, who made the best mixes of our music ? Please send me a list of your phisical address. I will do my best to send it to our label and convince them to send you free copy of our newest CD. It will take some time, but I hope everyone here will get it.

Thank you once more !

Reactions: keenly