Finger signs......................

damn uhmmmm FUCK!!!! i can't explain properly this :cry: it's something strictly cultural i guess....hmmmm it is a sign of showing annoyance,somehow swearing....it's not chupi to do this to a person you don't know....
but u can do it jokingly to a friend of yours....

aaaah,this little miniature (does such a word exist??????)
:bah:
it's the whole Olympiakos team......my bros favourite team...
well....men...no comments.... :p

@mel: we don't have exclusive mean signs in Mexico :cry:

About the miniature (yeah the word exists) I thought you caught Venancio's toy mania.

Melancholia said:
thanatos your hand is chupi :)

never do the following to a greek though :D
Was that supposed to say "talk to the hand, because I'm not listening"? :)

Naku ist krig said:
We travelled a long way and got here?
Don't make me bump another old thread! *shakes fist*

@hitori: Since we have a thread already for this kind of horse puke, dare to light-treat me about the finger-sign in ye avatar?

those are two of Zeanra's hands, two of mine, and one of Rusty's :p
mine are the ones in the left

My hand is at the bottom (so to speak) since I was judged to be the only one tall enough to get a decent angle for the picture.

Arch said:
Was that supposed to say "talk to the hand, because I'm not listening"? :)
No, actually i saw in a documentary that it's supposed to be the gesture of throwing shit on someone's face.

Kovenant84 said:
<Imagines sending hundreds of high-school age girls [from the US] to greece with no preparation>

<evilgrin>
why is that? is it something they randomly do, or what?

@Kov: trust me, it can't be the same. i've never seen a foreigner in my life who can do the greek thing. and it's been reported that foreigners can't even do it after being extensively taught how to. they're just not insulting enough.

It's much more than what you see in the still picture. It's the whole movement of the hand till it reaches that position. And the fingers have to be open like in Mel's pic. And it often is accompanied by a grunt or word(s).

I guess in order to be insulting enough, you also have to be passionate enough. :D

I have felt Mel's insult with her hand gesture via the internet. I will cry and write a poem about my sadness.