Fingernails

Jun 14, 2008
Hey Chris, you're obviously a great shredder and classical guitarist. On your right hand do you have long nails for classical playing? I do, but it really limits my tapping ability. Do you have any advice for being able play classical guitar effectively while still being able to tap?

hi dude, want I've noticed is that if you flatten your hand a little so the bottom of your finger hits the string as opposed to the top of your finger you should be fine. I've had my nails mighty long before and it hasn't been a big issue!

Hey PerditionsGhost,

check for some earlier posts on this subject. I have started using an aftermarket nail called Alaska Picks. they take a lot of filing and shaping to get to work but you only have to do it once and then you can tap, and finger pick.

Take care, Chris.

felt like a miracle to know about these nail-picks. I was just about to post a huge question concerning problems with two-hand tapping and long nails. but, seeing a few pictures on the net, I've noticed that you still need nail so the Alaska Pik can be attached to the finger. And I thought it was finally the end, lol. Anyone with suggestions on how attaching an Alaska to a completely "unnailed" finger?
thanks

felt like a miracle to know about these nail-picks. I was just about to post a huge question concerning problems with two-hand tapping and long nails. but, seeing a few pictures on the net, I've noticed that you still need nail so the Alaska Pik can be attached to the finger. And I thought it was finally the end, lol. Anyone with suggestions on how attaching an Alaska to a completely "unnailed" finger?
thanks

Well they are not perfect however the amount of nail you need is very little.

Take care, Chris.