Finntroll

Cruel Humanity

Creature Of Fear
Nov 25, 2002
DERBY
www.cruelhumanity.com
i've been chatting with Vince & he's interested in having finntroll play @ BS 04 !!!!!

the problem is ... as you can imagin bring them & there crew over will cost a lot of money, what with fees & hotels bla bla bla (finntroll beer rider would be huge...lol...)

Well Vince has said if i can get around 50 people to pay around £35 - £40 each we can have finntroll!!!!! this would include a "meet finntroll" session & maybe a couple of other goodies chucked in ... yet to be confirmed.

so are you interested???? I AM !!!! and will pledge some £ to see them. if you wanna be part of it put your name down here & give Vince a quick email @ vince@bloodstock.uk.com & email me @ finntroll4bloodstock2004@hotmail.com

nice 1 dudes ....

---- on a side ---- Cruel Humanity would like to play with Finntroll on this bill ... hehe

*shameless self promotion team in full operation AGAIN*

Well, to be honest I don't think I would be up for it. As much as I'm happy to support Bloodstock, and would be very please to see Finntroll play on these shores, there are only a handful of bands I could justify shelling out 40 quid for. Especially not when that is on top of the ticket price.

Catharsis said:
Well, to be honest I don't think I would be up for it. As much as I'm happy to support Bloodstock, and would be very please to see Finntroll play on these shores, there are only a handful of bands I could justify shelling out 40 quid for. Especially not when that is on top of the ticket price.
Yeah, this is the problem we have - most Euro bands are not cheap to come to the UK especially from Finland where flights are gonna be £2,000 alone! Other costs will almost double this figure. So it is not worth us bringing them over for only a handful of fans for a 1 hour set - unless those fans want to contribute (in the USA these people are called Special Patrons and is how the ProgPower USA festival kicked off, thats how they get most Euro bands who would'nt even dream of going to the USA).

This idea can be applied to several other magnificent Euro bands who would be great at Bloodstock but have limited UK following, i.e. Evergrey, Pagan's Mind etc.

Any other ideas for getting YOUR favourite band over to the UK?

Any other ideas for getting YOUR favourite band over to the UK?
You already managed that this year. :D

As a completely off the cuff suggestion, would it help at all if you were to promote a small number of extra dates for bands around the time of the festival? Perhaps it would be more worth their while to come on over if they could play a few shows?

I'd also like to point out that my previous post wasn't criticising anyone who thinks it is a good idea to pay a bit extra to get Finntroll over. It's a nice idea, just it doesn't appeal to me at this point in time.

Finntroll were due to play The Underworld on Dec 16th with Nasty Savage and Sadus if you didn't already know!!!

Sadus have had to pull out of the tour though so that's buggered it.

Whilst I am a poor student at the mo I would still love to meet Fintroll, and they'd be great to have on the bill (it gives me an excuse to come covered in Henna Tatoos with a plastic claymore and shout pagan profenaties:D) so I'd definately be up for it, but still there are a lot of other good Finish bands you could get for less, Enochien Crescent, Rapture and Moonsorrow would all be amazing, plus even the Power metal fan's would aprove of Moonsorrow live, all the clapping and chanting Oi Oi! and all.

Other Idea would be to get Children Of Bodom as Headliners, that'd pull the crowd in anyway.

Vine, if you're reading this then please get CH back, I'd love too see them again with a longer set, please:)

If we're just wanting Black metal tho' I'd still like too see Brit BM, Cruel Humanity, Hecate Enthroned or Frost Esp. If we got frost then you effectively get Aborym too 'cos they share live members (the string section from Aborym play live for Frost and Mick plays Drums for Aborym live) and Aborym are ace live (if you've seen the vid for With No Human Intervention)