Fire + My Apartment Building = need your thoughts...

ADRSean

Apr 18, 2008
Sunday night in my apartment complex, there was a massive fire. Just before midnight, it started. It was so windy outside, and the way the building was made it was a quick spread. After about four hours, the entire top floor was gone. A total of 47 apartments were destroyed in 4 buildings. My apartment was not completely engulfed, I can't stay there for a while however. I lost some things, mostly what I would calli mportant stuff. I lost my guitars from debris, lost some of my gear too. I lost some clothes and pictures as well, but you know all of that is just stuff. About 80 people are without shelter tonight like myself at a local church from the Red Cross. Things will get better I know this, but just asking for thoughts and/or prayers. Anything helps. Thanks guys, I hope to be back up to my normal life again soon. I was very lucky to get out of the building, I have a disability and I am in a wheelchair, so I thought I was fucked.

The stuff like recording equipment, only is a big loss because I am unemployed. Got laid off back in November from my job, and I was working on this music CD to make some cash (had pre-orders) and I run a home studio, that's all out the window. I got so much shit to try and figure out!

The local news was here, and got a video of it http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/92070429.html

Life goes on - but thanks, so many people lost their entire apartment and everything they had. It's just, i'm lucky!

That sucks a lot... Like you said, it's already a big chance no one is dead, including you, and that you did not loose 100% everything.

I really hope that you'll find a good start again.

:erk: Fucking sorry to hear man. No one deserves that. Glad you made it out safe; hope you manage to recuperate as soon as possible. Regards.