Building a home studio workstation

Jrich4967

Sep 26, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Hey guys, i am in the process of building a work station, and i just got done doing a google sketchup, and i would say it looks alright. i was wondering what you all thought and if you had any advice

Edit: here is the sketchup file pictures
35c31aw.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?dgx869f78cf9ilv

thanks
Jeff

i recommend getting something under the monitors to reduce vibrations to the desk. mopads or even bricks

there are some pads under them that came in the package

also, something i wanted to make sure was that it was gonna be easy to transport, so it breaks down into 4 pieces, the 2 ends, the desktop part, and then the back board. it is all bolted together so its very stable

Looks pretty good. I personally would have made both top pieces the same color though. I'd also paint the inside of the desk and put a rolling keyboard/mouse drawer or install some regular drawers. Or maybe more rack spaces? Dunno. Kinda looks like you can make it alot more functional

i used vinyl flooring for the top of the desk, so i didnt wanna buy more for the top of the top part lol. and i wanted to paint the inside, but i was on a $100 budget, and spent too much on mcdonalds haha, so i didnt have enough for a couple more cans of spraypaint. and i want to poot a rolling keyboard/mouse thing, and i actually have one off my old desk, but i need to get some mini pieces of ply wood to space the brace for it from the desk, because there is not enough room between the 2X3's on the bottom of the desktop and the keyboard tray. and i will make some rack spaces where drawers would be, later on, when i get more rack equipment. i just kept it at the bare minimum, because the more room and shit i have, the bigger the mess will be