Firefox 4 released.

I feel it like get worse everytime, last time i updated it, when i first opened, it already said i was using an obsolete version wtf? but maybe is just me.

Chrome doesn't support PPC Macs either..
I can understand that, a 2.5GHz Dual Core is clearly not fast enough to browse the web and check facebook...perfectly understandable why browsers shouldn't support those ancient machines...NOT

New version is working great for me. It's definitely a bit faster, especially on opening or restarting.

Fastest Firefox ever released? Lol, Chrome takes less than a second to open, it's almost instantaneous, I just installed FF and it took at least 5 seconds lol. The only thing I like about the new GUI is the "Pin as App Tabs"

Chrome doesn't support PPC Macs either..
I can understand that, a 2.5GHz Dual Core is clearly not fast enough to browse the web and check facebook...perfectly understandable why browsers shouldn't support those ancient machines...NOT

The reasons are down to the time vs reward. It's not like they only have to click a button when they compile and suddenly it's compatible with PPC, they'll have taken advantage of technologies that are simply not available for PPC. Yes, they could rewrite large parts of the program to work with PPC, but in some cases the whole point of an update (or even an entire program!) was to take advantage of those new technologies.

The reasons are down to the time vs reward. It's not like they only have to click a button when they compile and suddenly it's compatible with PPC, they'll have taken advantage of technologies that are simply not available for PPC. Yes, they could rewrite large parts of the program to work with PPC, but in some cases the whole point of an update (or even an entire program!) was to take advantage of those new technologies.

I understand that, but I think at least the computer manufacturers should be interested in supporting their older computers (not talking about 20 years old computers obviously)...
A Mac Pro is like 2500€, why would anyone wanna spend that much money if he has to accept the fact that in 4 years from now he won't be able to use that machine anymore cause no software supports it?
I'm not talking about about a C64 here but about professional Macs with dual 2.5gHz that still outperform many of today's machines.

I prefer Firefox 4 on my laptop. It seems to handle slowpokes a lot better than Chrome. Saves ram a bit better too I think. And it doesn't fuck with my music when I'm scrolling! I like the grouptab thing too, works great if you like to have lots of tabs open and want to separate them into themes.

Srware Iron (it's like Chrome without the usage tracking) + adblock extenstion = awesome.

just trying that out now. It works great, the options and plugin system is better the chrome, the inbuilt adblocking is fantastic and it even feels a little bit faster. Loving it, chrome without the privacy issues and with a few nice extra touches