Firefox 4 released.

funny...

yesterday, i downloaded and installed firefox. repaired permissions (as i always do after installing new software) ...cleared pram, then restarted my computer.

opened firefox,

first thing firefox did was froze then crashed. :lol:

running with macpro 12core and my homepage in igoogle.

maybe i did something wrong. =\

Do they have options in FF4 to bring back the status bar and classic top menus like in ver3? I tried the Beta 4 a few months ago and hated it because they tossed the few things I use the most.

Do they have options in FF4 to bring back the status bar and classic top menus like in ver3? I tried the Beta 4 a few months ago and hated it because they tossed the few things I use the most.

Yes. First thing I fixed. I fucking hate that "one button for everything" approach that started with Office 2007.

Is it just me or did they reverse the order of the list when you right click a link for "open in a new window, open in a new tab" to "open in a new tab, open in a new window"?

Im so used to right clicking links and then moving the mouse down a centimeter to open in a new tab, like it's muscle memory for me so i keep accidentally hitting open in a new window.

It is also possible they didnt change that and im just crazy

They did! I've been having the same issue. Hate it when they change something so simple that we're so used to. Otherwise I'm really liking Firefox 4 overall.

Is it just me or did they reverse the order of the list when you right click a link for "open in a new window, open in a new tab" to "open in a new tab, open in a new window"?

Im so used to right clicking links and then moving the mouse down a centimeter to open in a new tab, like it's muscle memory for me so i keep accidentally hitting open in a new window.

You could just middle click the link.

Yep that was one of the other things that bugged me. I think I'll stick with FF 3 for a bit longer... Not ready to make the plunge.

I actually like to open new links in new windows and the reversed order of these 2 functions is pissing me off so much that i am considering downloading Visual Studio 2005 to compile my version of FF4 with only that little change... LOL !

I actually like to open new links in new windows and the reversed order of these 2 functions is pissing me off so much that i am considering downloading Visual Studio 2005 to compile my version of FF4 with only that little change... LOL !

Please send it to me if you end up doing it lol.

Yes. First thing I fixed. I fucking hate that "one button for everything" approach that started with Office 2007.

Where do you find this? I'm using the OSX version