Firefox SCHWULE SCHEISSE!

Should have exported your favorites somewhere. Slightly too late I guess, but you'll be safe if it happens for the 3rd time.

Chrome is alright but I always found the periodic sending back of data from the browser to Google to be a bit suspect.

I use Opera. Its the nicest imho.

Never lost my bookmarks, that fucking sucks dude, though it does crash pretty much every other day for me, which is a pain, but whatever, I've gotten used to it...I guess? It's back up after like 30 seconds anyway, so no biggie

Not a single FF issue since it came out here ;) Sorry to hear that Lasse, I do keep a text file of all my bookmarks anyway just in case, though I've not had to reference it once!

ie?? are you insane?

Nope its, perfectly good when you're firewalled to fuck, just like any other web browser :) It gets a bad rep as a large percentage of the worlds morons are using it, besides its odd vulnerability that microsoft patch up within a couple of days.

Apple just had to plug 50 holes in its latest update for safari (3% of the browser market), so if you're using that thinking you're somehow safe from any incoming attacks then think again. Similarly, last year Mozilla recorded 99 vulnerabilities, which is the highest amount ever recorded for any browser to date. As we see Firefox near toward a 50% market share, I expect to see it becoming a hot target alongside IE.

People have to remember that none of these browsers are safe, if you're a good hacker you'll get through any WAN facing app, just don't get fooled by the anti-MS stuff, they get the wrap for a plethora of obvious reasons :) .

Sometimes there's just a new profile out of a sudden. Search for your old profile in the firefox folders. maybe its still there

+1

I've lost my bookmarks using firefox a couple of times (with the old firefox 2.0+), but I managed to get it back. IIRC there's a folder called bookmarkbackups inside every profile folder. Look there.

IE7 was a very good browser. 8 is needlessly complicated.

Its never happened to me before using firefox, I dread the day it does

Joe

hey lasse, firefox saves backups of your bookmark somewhere...just google it and you will find. Happened to me some times and since it stores all the bookmarks on a html file, it was very easy to recover it back. just google it ;)

Similarly, last year Mozilla recorded 99 vulnerabilities, which is the highest amount ever recorded for any browser to date.

With FF, however, the vulnerabilities are patched up within a matter of hours, are not nearly as skullfucking as the old ActiveX exploits (or even as bad as the issues that come through the Adobe Trash Player and Acrobat plugins today), and have yet to lead to trainwrecks within an order of magnitude of the severity IE has had common for years. It's certainly not perfect, but the quantity argument doesn't hold too well considering that the same argument would lead to you choosing to take a 12-gauge slug to the chest instead of birdshot because you'll only have one thing hit you. Granted, after the beast known as IE 6 finally dies the miserable death it deserved before even being released IE won't leave such a bitter taste in everyone's mouth, but when you look at the number of destroy-your-machine-completely-no-matter-what-else-you've-done exploits in IE and FF you don't have such a pretty argument to fall back on.

Jeff

And when you use NoScript in Firefox, you'll eliminate 95 % of known and unknown exploits, because they simply don't have any way to get to your computer, unless you act like a fool and allow that thisisnotavirus.jpg.exe to run ;) Also, block ALL flash by default and only allow what you really need on case-by-case basis.