FIREPOD mic line question

kaamosprod

Mikka
Apr 17, 2009
Paris - France
Hi

I would like to know what imput do you use on the firepod when you record guitars with amp sim like X30 by onqel or whatever...

do you plug your guitar directly in the mic instrument imput or directly in the mic line imput ???

it doesn't matter ?

I haven't Di box, So if i record the guitar direct in firepod, i have to use the 2 first imputs "mic instrument" and not the "mic line"... ok

and if i plug the guitar in a 6505, i go out by the loop fx to enter in the firepod, do i have to plug in the mic instrument too ?

Thanks for your answer.

The plugs are made for XLR and 1/4" plugs, so if your using an XLR its mic level and ignore the instrument and line parts. For your question you will only see this if you use a DI box.

If your using 1/4" plugs, the instrument inputs are like a DI box. It is meant to take the direct sound from the instrument, so you would plug your guitar directly into those if you are recording that way.

If you are running from the effects loop of a 6505, it is coming out at line level, and therefore you would plug it into a line level input.

Pretty much directly from instrument -> instrument input. Instrument -> amp -> line input.

The 5150/6505 loop actually outputs at -10dB, so it is not line level. Try the instrument input, and if you like it better, then go for it.