D.I's problem...

kaamosprod

Mikka
Apr 17, 2009
Paris - France
hi

I'm recording guitars with the following equipment :

guitar ESP MII ---> presonus firepod to record the guitar DI and then, i use TSE X30 with impulses...

But, i have a pb with my DI because the clean sound of the DI is saturated...

in the firepod, the line in button is on 9 o'clock.

So my question is :

when you are recording your guitar Di and after put a TSE or 8505, are you putting the line in button of your soundcard to zero ?? what is the process ??

Is the sound better when you turn this button until the sound doesn't saturate or is this parameter not important for the sound itself ?

Thanks.

What is peak level of your DI signal?
Because most active pickups have some saturation/clipping itself.

Thanks,

i'll check tonight and will tell you.

but its a big pb because with TSE the guitar sound is too saturated and there are many peak...

i'll check tonight on cubase and tell you.

why don't you just turn down the line input!?
i can't actually see where the problem is, hmm wait...is there a particular reason that there is reverb on this DI!?:lol:

cheers
S.

Hi

i've done many tests.

the reason why there is reverb because i posted the Di and forgot to erase the master... lol

So, i've open a new project and try that :

1) esp with the line in button to zero ----> same pb, the DI is saturated.

2) Fender stratocaster with the line in button to 12 oclock ----> no saturation, the di is perfectly clean

3) Caparison freak kicthen model with the line in button to 12 oclock ----> no saturation, the DI is perfectly clean.

So my ESP have a pb... the gain is to high... even if i let the line in button to zero... but i dont understand because i haven't active pickup...

why my esp is so high on gain ??? what can i do to regulate this ?