Firewind-Montreal

K.F.D

Heading For The Dawn
Feb 9, 2010
AWESOME SHOW!!!!!

I was right up in front of Gus, Met him briefly before the show almost by accident. He was on his way out of the room, but was still cool enough to exchange a few words with me and thanked me for making the trip.

The show was absolutely incredible. It was a long road trip (transmission on my buddy's car broke....$4000.00 to fix it..) Had to rent a car to get home (another $1000 bucks).. The bar was really cool, crowd was into the show.

We met Michael Ehre after the show as he was leaving the bar..We chatted with him briefly and he thanked us for making the long trip. (I had spoken to him about it weeks ago)

Didn't get to meet Gus after the show, as was planned (Gus told me to meet them at the merch area) The bar closed down the merch area almost immediately after the show...

I was totally bummed. I knew I would be going to see him the following day at a Blackstar instore meet and greet, but I was still bummed.

The next morning, I woke up to a message from Gus apologizing for things not working out. I couldn't believe it. He is a hell of a guy. Total CLASS ACT!

We went to the signing and he recognized me, I had asked him pose with a page with AlenVogilnikFirewind's name on it and he was more than happy to do it for him. He signed some stuff for me (including my leg for a tattoo). He was absolutely very down to earth and super nice.

I wanted to stick around for a while, but I had to hit the tattoo shop before they closed...Left, hit the tattoo shop and was told they were booked solid. Thankfully, they squeezed me in and now I am the proud owner of a new Gus G tattoo ..

Got some great pics at the show, sang and screamed my face off and loved every minute of it.

Bottom line, Firewind is the best band out today and extremely cool guys..

Thanks to Gus, and Firewind for a weekend I will never forget.

ggtat.jpg

Yeah man I was there too.Took lots of pics.Spoke briefly to Apollo when he went to the side of the stage while the others were playing.