Firewind roll call!

I'll be there. I'll be wearing the Bavmorda shirt that my friend made. It has Al on it. I'm wearing it to embarass him. XD

So yeah, look for the redheaded dork with her boyfriend on her torso.

I would love to, but I can't make it... too many miles. Gus and Henning are 2 of my all time favorites... I chose the Edguy show over this one, as I have yet to see them live. It was a very tough decision for me.

It sure would have been nice if they could have scheduled this show for Saturday, the day before Edguy.

I have a bad feeling that this show will be very empty. Which is a shame. Thier manager really should have tried to get them on the Edguy bill or the Sonata show. It should be a decent show. I am less excited about the drive and dealing with parking tonight when I get home.

I may be skipping this show. I am getting a headache from my damn allergies and I am getting less and less excited about the show. If Apollo was singing I would be there for sure. I think he is a great singer. Plus I really hate the drive out there and I already have the drive for Edguy and the Finntroll to dread. I am a bigger fan of those two bands than Firewind. May change my mind last minute though.

Copied from my ProgPowerUSA post:

Saw Firewind at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL last night. Unfortunately, less than 100 people in the room. However, I thought those in attendance were determined to welcome Gus G and crew with much enthusiasm. I'm not very familiar with all of their albums, so I cannot provide any kind of set list. Gus is definitely a monster lead player and he didn't disappoint ripping solo after solo. Drummer Mark Cross was very solid. Substitute vocalist was great, seemed to nail the tunes without any problems. Keyboardist was not there as Gus explained that the guy forgot his passport and did not make the trip. That's too bad because their overall sound could've probably benefited from his presence. Also, I was disappointed that they only played an hour or so including encore...WTF?

3 local bands opened, but I arrived too late to see any of them.

looks like I made the right decision to stay home. What was Firewind thinking with coming over for thier first tour without the singer and keyboard player. This could hurt them by doing mediocre shows the first time out.

looks like I made the right decision to stay home. What was Firewind thinking with coming over for thier first tour without the singer and keyboard player. This could hurt them by doing mediocre shows the first time out.

If they're not even drawing 100 people doing a mediocre show should be the least of their worries....

Hey, they were invited to play Prog Power.
That is the reason they are playing other select cities.
If they were doing an official tour, I am sure it would have been better planned.

I didn't see this thread until this afternoon. I was en route to the Pearl Room at like 1:30 yesterday. Anyway, yes, the turnout was the worst that I've seen in a bigger venue like that in a very long time. Wow. When they start the show 30 minutes later than slated and close the bar in the back of the room very early on, it's not a good sign. Three locals, Mirror Black, Bavmorda and Sacred Dawn did very well. The highlight of Firewind was obviously seeing Gus G tear his guitar to shreds, I mean the guy is amazing...but I just couldn't get over the lack of attendance for them.

I didn't see this thread until this afternoon. I was en route to the Pearl Room at like 1:30 yesterday. Anyway, yes, the turnout was the worst that I've seen in a bigger venue like that in a very long time. Wow. When they start the show 30 minutes later than slated and close the bar in the back of the room very early on, it's not a good sign. Three locals, Mirror Black, Bavmorda and Sacred Dawn did very well. The highlight of Firewind was obviously seeing Gus G tear his guitar to shreds, I mean the guy is amazing...but I just couldn't get over the lack of attendance for them.

I think the attendance was hurt to the fact that there was so many shows going on this week, it being a thursday, and Firewind are not headliners yet.
Plus with it being so far...people like myself blew it off. too bad. I really wish this show was at the Metro or something.