Long sets by bands....

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
It sucks when some bands who headline play under 60 minutes or skip playing tons of the classics. Then there are bands who play long sets and cover all the bases live. Asides for the normal bands like Maiden and Priest. Who else out there do you think would be perfect for a nice long 2 hour live set where they can cover new material and still touch many classic songs???

Demon - they have so many damn albums and era's they could touch on everyone one then. Would love to see them do a long set.

Helloween - another band with so many great songs....would love to see a super long set by them.

Riot V - even though we just saw them at the fest...I could have easily gone for another hour.

Magnum, Tygers of Pan Tang, Running Wild.

Gamma Ray, Rage, Blind Guardian, MANOWAR...

I'd say Therion, but they don't play any old old stuff anymore, and I don't think many of their current fans would want them to. You couldn't really mix those songs into their current set anyway.

I can only really speak for bands that I have seen before where I would have loved to hear more (all as headliners). It would be difficult to select a band that I've not seen live because what if they suck or are boring live.

Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian, Helloween, Saxon, Slough Feg, Luca Turilli's Rhapsody, Shadow Gallery

I'll only say bands not mentioned. King Diamond, Edguy (would love them to do a longer set, so they can do some of the older stuff they avoid usually), Grave Digger, My Dying Bride.

Demon - they have so many damn albums and era's they could touch on everyone one then. Would love to see them do a long set.

Helloween - another band with so many great songs....would love to see a super long set by them.

Riot V - even though we just saw them at the fest...I could have easily gone for another hour.

Magnum, Tygers of Pan Tang, Running Wild.
Did you post this question just so you could steal all my answers?!? Seriously, the first band to pop into my head was Riot, but these are all great choices especially Helloween and Magnum.

I'll add Scorpions. Still a great band live but they really need to mix up their setlist more. Aside from the odd European festival they haven't played any Roth era songs in 30 years.

Did you post this question just so you could steal all my answers?!? Seriously, the first band to pop into my head was Riot, but these are all great choices especially Helloween and Magnum.

I'll add Scorpions. Still a great band live but they really need to mix up their setlist more. Aside from the odd European festival they haven't played any Roth era songs in 30 years.

we are soulmates!

Mayhem I'd say, just because of all the shifts of vocalists and styles displayed on their albums although they're all black metal without a doubt there's much variation(compare deathcrush and newest album, esoteric warfare) and that'd be interesting to see in one set

Mayhem I'd say, just because of all the shifts of vocalists and styles displayed on their albums although they're all black metal without a doubt there's much variation(compare deathcrush and newest album, esoteric warfare) and that'd be interesting to see in one set

I saw Mayhem live in 2009, back when i was somewhat kind of into black metal and it was just eehh. Stage setup was pretty cool though.

Weird Al was one of the first for me, it was either the second or third show I saw. It was a great show, and his band was machine-tight.

That is crazy...I was just thinking about adding Weird Al to my list. I have never seen him live but he must be awesome.
I've seen him 4 times and will see him again next year. A different experience than most shows, but definitely not one to miss.

Unfortunately he hasn't played Nature Trail To Hell live in 30 years. Would be awesome if he picked that as his "deep cut" for the Mandatory Fun tour.

Summoning could play a live set where just Protector and Silenius battle on stage with fire swords and casting spells for 10 hours while they blast all their albums from front to back and I'd be pleased.