Great night of metal!!!

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Well, yesterday my mate called me up and asked if I wanna see Nightcrawler at the Barley Corn in Collingwood, I'd heard they were good so I went. WOW! What a night!

Nightcrawler are a classic metal tribute band and play 2 sets (an hour each) of great metal classics! Here are the setlists from last night:

Set 1
Judas Priest - The Hellion/Electric Eye
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Iron Maiden - Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter
Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Megadeth - Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Kiss - Detroit Rock City
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Judas Priest - Hell Bent For Leather
Manowar - Blood Of The Kings

Set 2:
Iron Maiden - Aces High
Accept - Balls To The Wall
Black Sabbath - War Pigs
Van Halen - Eruption/Hot For Teacher
Iron Maiden - Rime Of The Ancient Mariner (awesome!!)
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning
Kiss - Cold Gin
Judas Priest - Living After Midnight
Ozzy Osbourne - Bark At The Moon
Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight

I think they like Maiden and Priest :lol:

Also, the music through the PA when the band wasn't playing was awesome, lots of glam and classic metal songs. Motley Crue, Judas Priest, Def Leppard, Van Halen, David Lee Roth, AC/DC, etc... and the TV screen had classic clips of bands like Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, Kiss, Priest, Leppard, blah blah on. All in all, a great night!

:headbang:

(Edited because I forgot Powerslave hehe)

Next time they play, I highly recommend that everybody goes to see them! 2 hours of live metal classics, can't go wrong! :)

And 7 Maiden songs in the setlist... phwoar! :headbang:

Tribute bands are fun though because everyone sings along! It's more fun that way, unless the original band is Vanishing Point or Dungeon or something coz everyone sings to them too hehe.

Ah yes of course. I don't mind tribute bands every now and then myself, but I wouldn't go see one over a cool original band. I don't have a problem with them really, I just hate to see them everywhere like they were a few years back.

There doesn't seem to be many that play now at all. Metal ones I mean.

I love seeing Kiss tribute bands coz the nights are put on by the Kiss Army International president who lives in Melbourne now and they rock... karaoke, trivia, auctions, competitions, video footage, etc.. and of course rokkin' tribute bands hehe.

WOW!!!!!!
let me know when they play next...i'll be on the next plane to Melbourne!

Xena,
i take it you went to Bar Broadway on friday?i wish i had been there but i hadn't read a Drum Media for a couple of weeks.I finally saw a copy on Saturday morning and realised where i should have been on Friday night!

Nico Ciccarone lives in Melbourne now??? Troops, I'm surprised you haven't got him on the speed dial :lol:.

I always meant to join KISS Army International, but never got round to it. Do they have a physical endurance test like the regular army?

W

Was that the no life till leather thing? They guy at Utopia asked me if I was going when I bought those 2 Vinnie Vincent cds :D

Originally posted by Ralphe
WOW!!!!!!
let me know when they play next...i'll be on the next plane to Melbourne!

Xena,
i take it you went to Bar Broadway on friday?i wish i had been there but i hadn't read a Drum Media for a couple of weeks.I finally saw a copy on Saturday morning and realised where i should have been on Friday night!

Hell yeah I was dancing and drinking the night away like old times.I don't remember much of how the night ended all I know is I woke up to my mobile ringing at 9am on some lounge in Newtown...I should have already been at wrk (it was wrk on the other end)so I was freaking out as I had no idea where I was till I saw outside and recognised I was right near St. Peters station. So all in all it was like old times minus waking up and thinking how the fuck did I come home with what ever was laying beside me.:lol:

Originally posted by Wrathchild
Nico Ciccarone lives in Melbourne now??? Troops, I'm surprised you haven't got him on the speed dial :lol:.

I always meant to join KISS Army International, but never got round to it. Do they have a physical endurance test like the regular army?

W

Yeah he married Joanne, the Australian Kiss Army representative! She lived in Melbourne and now he moved down here with her! He hosts all the Kiss tribute nights, his accent is so funny. He says "calendar" in a really weird way, and then all these drunks always yell out "What's a calendar?" in his accent hahaha! (He says it like CaLENDar instead of CALendar) :lol:

I dunno I've never joined myself! But I buy Strike magazines anyway from Newsagents if I see them there. Luckily being in Melbourne, Nico is always doing stuff anyway at record fairs or Kiss nights so you can usually get all the stuff that comes with being in the fan club even cheaper when you are at those things.

Originally posted by spawn
Was that the no life till leather thing? They guy at Utopia asked me if I was going when I bought those 2 Vinnie Vincent cds :D

Cool name for the night :) Heard the Vinnie CDs yet?

"Well I'm a sex shooter, hot teaser, love pleaser, got the lust that ki-ills... got a reputation from town to town.."

:headbang:

The guitar distortion on that album is KILLER! I want one just like it :(

Sounds great! I've never seen a metal cover band. I wish bands would do more metal covers, because that's usually the only way I get to see them live.

Oh yeah Trent, I've been meaning to ask you if you've seen The Redresser. They're a glam band that I saw maybe 3 yrs ago. Not bad from memory, and I saw ads for their shows in Beat when I was over a couple of weeks ago, so they're still playing.

Yeah they played on Saturday but I missed out! :(

So they're not bad? Anybody you'd compare them to? Ahh I'll ask on mIRC actually hehe.

Originally posted by JonBonJovi

yes it was done by them...who served you there?:D

A shortish guy with short spikyish blonde hair... I think.. I wasnt really paying much attention!