Another A-Z fave band challenge thing

Hahaha.

To me, Jackyl's production, guitar sound, riffs, solos, lyrics, etc... are IDENTICAL to AC/DC's! And the vocalist is an exact mix between Bon Scott and Brian Johnson. He's lower parts have the exact Bon Scott character and accent, and the higher screamier parts are identical to Brian Johnson! Hahaha!

Cinderella and Britny Fox have a slightly more polished '80s production and some cleaner vocal sections, but again, I think its pretty damn similar. The first time I heard Cinderella (it was the song Night Songs) I thought it was something off one of the '80s AC/DC albums I hadn't heard.

A. Arcturus
B. Black Sabbath
C. Cradle of Filth
D. Dream Theater
E. EdGuy
F. Fear Factory
G. Geezer
H. Helloween
I. Iron Maiden
J. Judas Priest
K. Kreator
L. Led Zeppelin
M. Metallica (Heaps of M bands...)
N. Nevermore
O. Opeth
P. Pantera
Q. Queen
R. Rainbow
S. Strapping Young Lad (Heaps of S bands too...)
T. Testament
U. Unexpect
V. Venom
W. Witchery
X. *blank*
Y. Yngwie Malmsteen
Z. ZZ Top

Originally posted by Spiff
You're one weird mutha, Troops!

Have you heard Jackyl?!?!?!?!? They're identical!!!!!

And I mean, chuck on an album like "Night Songs" by Cinderella and then put on one like "Flick Of The Switch" or "Fly On The Wall" and see what I mean how its very similar!

Bahhhh. I'm not mad, very similar! I'm not saying identical like Jackyl are though. All I'm saying is that I would imagine AC/DC fans to like Cinderella's music (if they don't see what they look like lol) and vice versa.

&^$)&#@^_%@

Tonci back me up here!!! Night Songs and Britny Fox's debut have HUGE influences of AC/DC on them! HUGE! Their albums after that had a more unique direction of their own, but both bands' debuts are very AC/DCish!

Yes well I wouldn't use that song as a good example though, as its the only ballad on the album. Since when do AC/DC write ballads?

If Cinderella didn't look so glammy though, I would imagine nearly all AC/DC fans getting into stuff like Shake Me, Night Songs, Nothin For Nothin, Push Push, etc... Just as I would imagine people who like those songs getting into Given The Dog A Bone, What Do You Do For Money Honey, Flick Of The Switch, Who Made Who, For Those About To Rock, etc.

Cinderella will always be a glam band, and always have a glam sound, to me, so it's tough for me to imagine die-hard AC/DC fans buying their stuff. But hey, they were my favourite band for about a month in 1989. Must dig out that best-of I've got somewhere and have another listen.

I think Cinderella were more a hard rock band with a glam image to be honest. Their sound was nowhere near as glamourous as the LA bands.

Yeah I know coz the glam image especially would put off AC/DC fans.

But the original comment was that I find it strange that Xena doesn't like AC/DC if she loves Cinderella, Britny Fox and especially Jackyl hehe. Jackyl sound like an AC/DC tribute band with different songs. Or.... AC/DC themselves playing new songs haha!

okay, this could be tough in parts, but will see what i can do ..

at the gates
botch
coalesce
dillinger escape plan
enslaved
future sound of london
gorgoroth
his hero is gone
incantation
jesus lizard (i know its "the" but fuck it)
kevorkian solution
length of time
meshuggah
nile
origin
pantera
queens of the stone age
rorschach
suffocation
tangaroa (of course!!), today is the day
underule
vader
will haven
x - the only letter i dont have a CD for!
yattering
zao

not a bad set of bands me thinks, hopefully some people out there will be into this lot :)