Rate these vocalists!

Originally posted by Sydo
Just buy a Best Of Dokken - that's all you need.

You know, a while back I went to do just that, but Utopia had every Dokken album except for a best of. It was weird.

Thought it would be coz it was a single.

Tracks like Prisoner, Night By Night, So Many Tears, Cry Of The Gypsy, Sleepless Night, Stop Fighting Love, etc are much better I think :)

Dream Warriors and Heaven Sent are my faves on it though.

Originally posted by The Trooper

Tracks like Prisoner, Night By Night, So Many Tears, Cry Of The Gypsy, Sleepless Night, Stop Fighting Love, etc are much better I think :)

I havn't heard any of them! :cry:

Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) = 9: for obvious reasons!
Blaze Bayley (Iron Maiden, Blaze) = 7: I am a little biased because I don't think ANYONE could have replaced Bruce, but he sounds pretty good to me. I thought he was good live too, and am even thinking of picking up the only Maiden albums I don't own, the ones he sang on.
Paul DiAnno (Iron Maiden) = 6: Not a huge fan, but I don't think he was terrible. He worked for the songs they had then, but Bruce destroys him!
Paul Stanley (Kiss) = 7: KISS was the first band I got into(when I was four!) so they are special to me. Beside that, he sang Love Gun, the greatest KISS song ever!
Gene Simmons (Kiss) = 7: I liked the Gene songs better when I was a kid, but I think this was makeup related! I'm a little down on them right now though since they seem to be beating a dead horse....
James Hetfield (Metallica) = 10: One of my all-time favorite vocalists and yes, I even like the Load album!
Joey Belladonna (Anthrax) = 4: Anthrax traded in a cubic zirconia for a diamond when they got John Bush!
John Bush (Armoured Saint, Anthrax) = 9:see above!
Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) = 5: I listen to Megadeth for the music, certainly not Daves vocals. They do fit the music good however and are not unlistenable.
Robert Fleischmann (Vinnie Vincent Invasion) = 2: Not for me...
Mark Slaughter (Slaughter, VVI) = 5: Not a fan, but not the worst I've ever heard.
King Diamond (Mercyful Fate, King Diamond) = 4: I can tell he definitely has some pipes but c'mon, he really is ridiculous most of the time...I've seen him live but definitely not my cup of tea!
Jim Gillette (Nitro) =
Rob Halford (Judas Priest) = 8: I'm not a huge Priest fan but I have to admit the guy can definitely belt out those high notes!
Ripper Owens (Judas Priest) = 8: I actually prefer this guy to Halford, I don't know why????
Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath, Ozzy) = 8: He may not be near where he was, but I LOVE Ozzy!
Ronnie James Dio (Dio, Rainbow, Sabbath) = 10+!!!!!!!! Dio is my second favorite vocalist of all time, and in my opinion is the best power metal vocalist, END OF STORY.
Joe Elliott (Def Leppard) = 6: I like their older stuff, but I think it has more to do with the fact that they write good songs, as opposed to him being a great vocalist.
Jon Bon Jovi (Bon Jovi) = 6: see my Joe Elliott answer!
Tony Martin (Black Sabbath) = 7: I have seen him live and he's pretty good, but not even close to Dio!
Ian Gillan (Deep Purple, Sabbath..) = 4: Not a fan...
Glenn Hughes (Purple, Sabbath, others..) = I can't honestly rate this guy, I don't own anything he sings on.
Jeff Scott Soto (Malmsteen, etc..) = 5: He was ok live, but I was more focused on the guitar than anything to be honest!
Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) = 10: Another one of my favorite vocalists of all time. I love his solo stuff too!
Sebastian Bach (Skid Row) = 10: This guy has some SERIOUS pipes! He pulls it off live too, and I like everything he's put out so he deserves a 10.
Axl Rose (Guns N Roses) = Appetite For Destruction:8 Everything else after that:6 MTV appearance a few months back:2...This guy gets worse with age!
Jani Lane (Warrant) = 2: Yuck.
Bret Michaels (Poison) = 2: I'll pass.
Vince Neil (Motley Crue) = 5: He didn't make or break the band, but he was a helluva lot more fitting than John Corabi.
Stephen Pearcy (Ratt) = 7: I have always liked this guys vocals...It is strange because he's not really that great of a singer, but I liked his stuff with Ratt!
Michael Kiske (Helloween) = Can't rate, haven't heard enough.
Andi Deris (Helloween, Pink Cream 69) = Also can't rate due to not hearing enough.
Tobias Sammett (Edguy) = I have never even heard these guys!
Matt Barlow (Iced Earth) = 9: This guy is fantastic live!
Hansi Kursch (Blind Guardian) = 7: Not really my cup of tea, but I liked the Demons And Wizards stuff.
Danny Cecati (Pegazus, Eyefear) = Never heard 'em.
Blackie Lawless (W.A.S.P.) = 6: Another one who isn't a great singer but his voice fits his music well.
Alice Cooper = 7: Same as Blackie, only he's a notch better!
David Coverdale (Whitesnake) = 8: This guy rules even if he is doing his best Robert Plant impersenation!
Geoff Tate (Queensryche) = 5: I have never got into them, but he is listenable.
James LaBrie (Dream Theater) = 5: Their music overshadows this guys vocals by a LONGSHOT.
Don Dokken (Dokken) = 5: Never really grabbed me.
Dee Snider (Twisted Sister) = 6: I liked him when I was a little kid, but I think it was more for his lyrics!
Warrel Dane (Sanctuary, Nevermore) = 9: Warrel is one of the best power metal vocalists out there right now. Nice guy too, I got to be up on stage with him several times at their last show until I was kicked out. Then when I got booted he apparently said because of that he was going to do the rest of the show on the floor, and did!
Lord Tim (Dungeon) = Who???
David Lee Roth (Van Halen) = 8: I think he was the best fit for Van Halen, too bad the brothers are tightasses that can't deal with a guy who's a little(OK alot!) eccentric!
Eric Adams (Manowar) = 2: I'll pass, but thanks for trying.
Phil Anselmo (Pantera) = 8: He sucks when he's all fucked up, but Phil can deliver the goods when he wants to!
Tom Araya (Slayer) = 9: SLAYYYYYYYERRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) = 10 - one of the all time greats, and is still as good as ever.
Blaze Bayley (Iron Maiden, Blaze) = 9 - I like his vocals on TXF, really fits the mood, but he came into his own in Blaze, and is reaching his full potential. Awesome.
Paul DiAnno (Iron Maiden) = hmm...hard to say...I quite like his voice, but am not sure of his singing ability...maybe a 5
James Hetfield (Metallica) = 8 - a great voice for thrash, sounds awesome on ..AJFA
Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) = 7 - another great voice for thrash, but not as good a vocalist. Love the vocals on SFSGSW though!
Rob Halford (Judas Priest) = 10 - Painkiller! Live Insurrection! :worship:
Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath, Ozzy) = 7 - the guy can't sing, but fuck what a cool voice. Uniquely untalented, but an awesome voice.
Ronnie James Dio (Dio, Rainbow, Sabbath) = 10 - as Troops said, the power behind Ronnie's vox could take down a brick wall! No-one has a voice like Ronnie!
Sebastian Bach (Skid Row) = 8 - haven't heard alot, but I like what I hear.
Axl Rose (Guns N Roses) = 7 to 8 in the studio - hes good at what he does but doesn't hold up that well live....better than everyone gives him credit for, but still not that great.
Matt Barlow (Iced Earth) = 10 - excellent range. Go listen to the whole BO album, NOW! :D
Hansi Kursch (Blind Guardian) = 9 to 10 - incredible talent, and sounds awesome on 'Somewhere Far Beyond' and D&W.
Danny Cecati (Pegazus, Eyefear) = 8 to 9 - very powerful!
James LaBrie (Dream Theater) = 8 in the studio, less live..
Lord Tim (Dungeon) = 9 - awesome sounding voice, and very versitile (sp?)...TRAUMATISED!! :headbang:
Phil Anselmo (Pantera) = 9 on CFH..

Chuck Billy (Testament) = 8 - excellent at the low growly shit, listen to 'Demonic' for proof. :)
Chris Boltendahl (Grave Digger) = 8 - I dunno what it is, but god I love this guys voice! It is probably his thick accent or something, but it just sounds awesome, and the guy can sing, great range.

Woohoooo Koichi gave the Vinnie Vincent Invasion singers 10 each! :D :lol:

Sydo: Get Back For The Attack! It's such a jawdroppingly awesome album!!!

Baby I'm a prisoner, woaaaah, CHAINED BY LOVE!

They are certainly better than Barlow imo.... however I gave Danny a 10 I think and the 2 VVI singers only 9 each lol.

Danny is amazing...

Hahahah "Braveheart" is the worst video clip ever.... however I'm dying to see "Cry Out" because from what I've heard about it, it sounds awesome! Just like all the fantastic fun dodgy metal videos of the '80s that Twisted Sister made!