What would you wanna hear?

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Again, sorry just doing some more research haha... Here is a list of bands that we might cover. Next to each band, tell me which song you think would be best to cover by them, or what song you'd most like to hear covered (as long as its appropriate). Don't include ballads either. And keep in mind that we probably won't have any keyboards.

If you don't think we should cover anything by a band on the list then write that next to it.

Motley Crue
Poison
Warrant
Ratt
Skid Row
Guns N Roses
Cinderella
LA Guns
Kiss
Bon Jovi
Def Leppard
W.A.S.P.
Dokken
Vinnie Vincent Invasion :D
Slaughter
Whitesnake
Winger
Van Halen
Alice Cooper

Now, list 5 ballads you'd like to hear. We'll have a few that will rotate in the set from show to show.

I just wanna make sure we're giving people a show they wanna see. I don't wanna be doing a song just coz I like it if everybody in the crowd wants to be hearing something else.

I am not heavily into glam, so I would not be the best person to ask, and have limited knowledge, but I will do my best. :)

Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart
Poison - Nothin But A Good Time
Warrant - Cherry Pie
Ratt - not too sure, not really familiar
Skid Row - for more glammy stuff, Youth Gone Wild
Guns N Roses - Paradise City, or perhaps Welcome To The Jungle as an opener, or Sweet Child O Mine for a ballad. You could rotate.
Cinderella - not familiar
LA Guns - as above
Kiss - Love Gun
Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine
Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar maybe, I would say Rock Rock Til You Drop would be better, but not as well known I would assume
W.A.S.P. - LOVE Machine, Hellion, and Wild Child all rock, could be rotated....their later stuff is probably too metal
Dokken - Mr Scary :D.......seriously, Dream Warriors
Vinnie Vincent Invasion - Animal or Boys Are Gonna Rock, perhaps rotate
Slaughter - not too familiar, but Wild Life and Shout It Out are cool
Whitesnake - hrrmm hard to choose
Winger - Battle Stations! :headbang:
Van Halen - Hot For Teacher, with full leads and solos :D
Alice Cooper - Poison for popular glam hits

A couple more suggestions are something form Twisted Sister, perhaps I Wanna Rock, and maybe Quiet Riot's Cum On Feel The Noise.

:headbang:

Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart (if you can make it sound BIG!)
Poison - NBAGT
Warrant - Cherry Pie of course :)
Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild, 18 & Life
Guns N Roses - The Garden, if you can draft in Alice Cooper. Failing that, something off Appetite.
Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer, Lay Your Hands On Me
Def Leppard - Rocket
W.A.S.P. - Animal!
Alice Cooper - I'm Your Gun

God I'm a commercial bastard.

Motley Crue - 10 secs to love
Poison - Talk Dirty to Me hehe
Warrant - Uncle Toms Cabin
Ratt - gotta be round and round
Skid Row - midnight/tornado
Guns N Roses - dont know too much gunners
Cinderella - Somebody Save me
LA Guns - Dont know any
Kiss - Turn on the night
Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine
Def Leppard - Gods of War
W.A.S.P. - Animal
Dokken - Kiss of death
Vinnie Vincent Invasion - Damn tough one this. Boyz are gonna rock.
Slaughter - Desperately
Whitesnake - Still of the night
Winger - Time to surrender (only song I know :) )
Van Halen - Hot for teacher
Alice Cooper - Poison

Ballads -

Wasp - The Idol if you guys can nail the solos, otherwise LOVE Machine if you can count that as a ballad. If not Restless Gypsy
Slaughter - Real love
VVI - That time of year
Warrant - Sometimes she cries
Def Leppard - Hysteria

Cool thanks Blitz!! I liked your list because most of your choices were songs we were already thinking so it means we're on the right track maybe! :)

Seriously, even things like we were thinking Sweet Child as a ballad and Welcome To The Jungle as an opener.... Pour Some Sugar On Me and Rock Rock were my 2 Def Leppard choices, Sugar as the main hit but Rock Rock is an awesome song to do second in the set. (See "In The Round" to know what I mean there! Cut off the intro and go straight from the end of the first song into one guitar playing that main riff... ROCK AND ROLL!")

I meant to put Twisted Sister in the list actually! I Wanna Rock is a great choice.. I also was thinking "Bang Your Head" by Quiet Riot, great song to do live and get the crowd banging their heads haha!

I learnt Hot For Teacher tonight actually, including the solos. Well, got the intro solo down but the main solo I need to practice a bit more lol.

Great songs on that list Tonci!!! "Real Love" would be an awesome ballad to do!!! And I hadn't even thought of "Hysteria" by Def Leppard, that'd be great too! I was thinking Bringin' On The Heartbreak would be good as well maybe!

Winmar said:
Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart (if you can make it sound BIG!)
Poison - NBAGT
Warrant - Cherry Pie of course :)
Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild, 18 & Life

These are definites already :) I was thinking we'll probably close every show (pre-encore) with Youth Gone Wild, and have Kickstart My Heart as the very last song of the whole show every time with a few bangs here and there... and it should sound pretty big, we'll have 2 guitars so it should be good.

We wanna get some of those sparkle/confetti bomb things to use coz we won't be able to use pyro I'm guessing.

Cinderella- Bad Seamstress Blues
Bullet Boys- Smooth Up ya
Tigertailz- Love Bomb Baby
white Lion- Wait
Killah Dwarfs- Life Time
Enuff z'nuff- Fly High Michelle
TNT- Northen Lights
Vain- No Respect
Poison- Talk Dirty to me
Skid Row-Youth gone wild
Steelheart- I'll never let you go
Warrent- Cherry Pie
Britny fox- Gudbuy T'Jane
Ratt- Back for more
LA guns- Electric Gypsy
Pretty Boy Floyd- Slam Dunk
Slaughter- Up all night
Faster Pussycat- Non Stop to nowhere
WASP- Animal
MOtley cre- Kickstart my heart

This man knows his glam!!! Some awesome choices there!!! I'd love to cover something off No Respect, especially "Beat The Bullet" or something! And "Smooth Up In Ya" is something I reckon we'd have to throw into the setlist every now and then! Wouldn't mind doing some Killer Dwarfs either... Tell Me Please would rock!

"Up All Night" is already a maybe too, that'd go down well live :)

I don't think ANY singer could pull off a TNT song though!!!

If I practiced guitar for another 15 years and we found a singer who could break glass with his voice then I might consider covering Double Trouble or Freight Train hahaha!

Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart, Too Young To Fall In Love, Shout At The Devil, Same Ol' Situation
Poison - Talk Dirty To Me, Nothin But A Good Time, Every Rose Has It's Thorn (Your first ballad), Valley of Lost Souls,
Warrant - Cherry Pie
Ratt - ?
Skid Row - ?
Guns N Roses - Paradise City, Sweet Child O Mine, Anything Goes, I Used To Love Her
Cinderella - Shelter, Me Nobodys Fool (another one for your ballad list), Gypsy Road.
LA Guns - Ballad of Jayne, Never Enough, I Wanna Be Your Man, Some Lie For Love, My Koo Ka Choo
Kiss - ?
Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine, Living On a Prayer
Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar, Animal
W.A.S.P. - ?
Dokken - ?
Vinnie Vincent Invasion - ?
Slaughter - Up All Night, Fly To The Angels (another ballad to choose from)
Whitesnake - Still of the Night, Here I go Again
Winger - ?
Van Halen - Actually I probably wouldn't choose any VH.
Alice Cooper - Same with Alice.

What about The Quireboys? 7 O'Clock, Hey You? :)

Probably waaaaaay too many for you there, but at least it's food for thought. :D

Good choices :) I really wanna do Still Of The Night and was thinking of Nobody's Fool as a ballad! Same with Fly To The Angels.

I hate the Quireboys! Sorry.. heheh. I don't think I've heard any British hard rock/hair bands besides Def Leppard and Whitesnake that I like... I much prefer the US sound. Have you heard Wrathchild? Ewwww hahaha!

Not familiar with Wrathchild (sound like a dodgy Maiden covers band, lol) but I LOVE the Quireboys. I'd say with LA Guns and early (read pre-Illusions) GNR my fave bands of that era. Oh and Crue of course. Aaaah, the memories... getting off the bus a stop early every Wednesday to see if they had the latest edition of Hit Parader... doing unspeakable things to my hair with a comb... tying purple scarves around my steel toe capped cowboy boots... those were the days. :lol: :lol: :lol: