A few research questions...

Last show I saw before I left Canberra was the Angels at CCAE (back when it WAS CCAE).

Being a responsible family man now :tickled:, the gigs would not interest me.

(At least that's what I tell myself)

Not sure about the announcing of the songs, but definately the costumes and make-up. :) Stage moves are ok in theory, but they'd have to be done really well. :)

It doesn't hurt in any show to bring the pace down a little, so maybe one or two wouldn't hurt. I wouldn't go mental on them though. ;)

Stick to the Glam stuff.

Hidden gems are good.

That's a toughy. I would consider bands like LA Guns and Cinderella must haves, but then not everyone would. I wouldn't go too obscure though - I'd probably die of shock if I went to a gig and heard someone cover Tiger Tailz. :lol:

I wanna cover a Britny Fox song. I wanna do Girlschool, that'd be awesome! Maybe do Cinderella and Britny Fox covers back to back hehe.

Hahahahaha Tigertailz, I don't think we'd cover them hahah! Although I wouldn't mind doing "Love Overload", that song rules!!! I saw Tigertailz jeans the other day! NO JOKE! I was in a thrifty store and there was a pair of jeans with the Tigertailz logo printed down the leg in hot pink!!!! I almost fainted hahahaha!

I really wanna cover Pretty Boy Floyd - Leather Boyz With Electric Toyz, reckon that one would work???

Yeah its a bit of a cult classic but not really widely known. It'd be a killer song live though... great gang vocals and attitude, huge chorus, so much energy... I'd love to do it!

- What songs would you guys wanna hear if you went to see a glam/hair metal tribute band?

Glam! Stuff everybody knows and songs you love but never hear live :)

- Would you want the band to put on the whole show with costumes, hair, makeup, etc and copy memorable or famous stage moves from video clips/live videos and announce songs with dialogue from live albums/videos?

haha yeah why not if its not too much trouble

- Ballads. Should we do any ballads? If so, how many? Just say the band was playing 20 songs or so in the set... how many ballads? I was thinking 1 if its a shorter set and 2 if its about 20 songs.

yeah just a few. 2 would be enough in a 45 min set.

- If it was a glam/hair metal tribute band would you want them to do songs by bands like Scorpions, Quiet Riot, WASP, etc too or stick to the glam stuff?

Mixture of everything is good :)

- Would you wanna hear only the hits like (using Motley Crue as an example) "Kickstart My Heart" or would you want a few of the other hidden gems such as something like "Piece Of Your Action" thrown in as well?

Bit of both. Hits and the lesser knowns.

- Do you think the band should only cover songs by bands everyone knows, like Poison, Crue, Warrant, Guns N Roses, Van Halen etc... or also include classics by other semi-big bands like Cinderella, Britny Fox, Slaughter, LA Guns, Ratt, etc? And how far should they go covering the not as well known bands, for example should they throw in an occasional song by someone like a Roxx Gang, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Pretty Boy Floyd, etc?

Same answer as the last question :)

Troops, don't make the mistake the so-called tribute band that filled in for Nobody's Fool did one night and play a set of 'hidden gems', without the conviction to carry it off. The best cover bands play the 'hits', with maybe one or two overlooked classics chucked in.

And play 'Rock You Like a Hurricane'. That song fucking rules.

Xena, at this point we don't plan on having a keyboardist so a song like "Livin' On A Prayer" which would be awesome in the set would just sound terrible. So we'd have to pick something we could pull off without keys. I'd love to open with Lay Your Hands On Me and most of that song you don't need keys for, but I don't know what to do about that soft "Lay your haaaaaands on me.." part after the drum intro.