If you were in a metal tribute band...

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
... what songs would you cover?

I'd go for mainly all anthems, because to me the point of a tribute band is for crowd participation etc.... having everyone singing along.

These songs would certainly be in my setlist:

Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock
Quiet Riot - Metal Health (Bang Your Head)
Judas Priest - Living After Midnight
W.A.S.P. - I Wanna Be Somebody
Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild
Accept - Balls To The Wall
Iron Maiden - Aces High
Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane
Warrant - Cherry Pie (for all the hot chicks to dance to hehe)
Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil
Manowar - Hail & Kill
Kiss - I Love It Loud
Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me

They are the ones that would definitely be there, plus there's heaps of other songs I'd rotate in and out of the setlist like Dream Warriors by Dokken, Iron Man by Sabbath, Crazy Train by Ozzy, Holy Diver by Dio, Slip Of The Lip by Ratt, etc...

And if I was in America then I'd also DEFINITELY put Lizzy Borden - American Metal in the setlist, but in Australia that would just sound silly haha!

Looking back up at that list... nobody would have a voice after the show! That would be a LOT of chanting!

Ahhh Xena, I'm full of zany ideas hahaha!

Spiffy how could you vomit at Dokken?!?!??!?!?! They're soooooooooo damn GREAT! :headbang: George Lynch!

How about some Savatage in there?

Early Savatage - Sirens
Not as early Savatage - Jesus Saves
A bit later Savatage - Edge Of Thorns
Recent Savatage - Blackjack Guillotine

Oh yeah - Spiff .... you were the other Savatage fan here right? You interested in a copy of a bootleg from the Wake of Magellan tour?

Weetbix - no thanks, got one! Also got boots from the Dead Winter Dead tour and their last show before Jon "left" the band. Thanks anyway, though!

You don't have a bootleg from the last tour with the new singer and guitarist, do you?

Once I get money and stuff and can afford to post things, I'll make a copy for ya :) Hopefully won't be too much longer.

It's not the best quality bootleg, but it's interesting nonetheless for historical purposes.

Originally posted by Lord Tim
Hey!! Dokken rules! Well, the pre-Dysfunctional Dokken anyway!

Dysfunctional rules too! As does Erase The Slate.

Only Shadowlife and the newie suck.

'80s Dokken RULES! :headbang:

Haven't even heard anything from after Beast From The East or whatever... except for some of the newie which sucked.

Originally posted by Spiff
Once I get money and stuff and can afford to post things, I'll make a copy for ya :) Hopefully won't be too much longer.

It's not the best quality bootleg, but it's interesting nonetheless for historical purposes.

Mmmmmmmmmm ............... live Savatage ........

Most appreciated when you get the chance :)