If you could be in a band, what sort would it be?

I'd either want to be in a kick arse old school thrash band, along the lines of Exodus (bonded by blood era) and Testament etc. Basically Bay area thrash :headbang:
ORRRRRR

In an over the top glam band. The total glam image but with real kick arse songs and the biggest catchiest ballads in the world!

:D

How is it stupid?

How is black metal NOT shock rock? They slaughter things on stage, throw blood around, wear spikes & corpse paint, use imagery of pentagrams, goat horns, etc.... its SHOCK ROCK! Shock rock comes in many forms, anything which is done to shock people is shock rock regardless of what musical subgenre it is. There are hair metal bands who do shock rock (Lizzy, WASP, early Motley, Kiss), there are industrial bands that do shock rock (Manson, Rob Zombie) and black metal is Shock Rock too!

And the Manson comparison was just an extra touch to piss off black metal fans hahaha. I can't think of anything they'd hate more than being compared to Manson haha but both do shock rock, and both have bad songs!

Thankyou Brian!

That's exactly right. Spawny, you can't seriously tell me that a band who dresses up in spikes, makeup & leather, poses in forests carrying axes and maces and throws blood around the stage isn't shock rock.

Trixxi Trash said:
Thankyou Brian!

That's exactly right. Spawny, you can't seriously tell me that a band who dresses up in spikes, makeup & leather, poses in forests carrying axes and maces and throws blood around the stage isn't shock rock.
Don't forget those spiky clubs things! The first time I saw a pic of a black metal guy with one of those, I almost pissed my pants with laughter.

Trixxi Trash said:
Thankyou Brian!

So dressing up on stage equals shock rock? You are confusing a STAGE SHOW with outside activites. Black metal bands killed each other etc. but that had nothing to do with being on stage, shock rock is just entertainment. Black metal is not shock rock. Rob Zombie is NOT shock rock, what the hell has he ever done thats shocked anybody? Dressing up and looking cool/crap is fine, but thats not shocking. Same with a band like Immortal, he breathes fire on stage and they wear armour and stuff, how is that shocking? Dimmu Borgir dress up, how is that shocking? Satyricon dont even dress up, they just play, how is that shocking?

Just because Gorgoroth made headlines and Mayhem throw a dead pig into the audience doesnt make an entire genre shock rock.

I like the ones that cant afford to actually look good, the pics on At The Heart Of Winter with Horgh topless are black metal classics, ill have to see if I have them somewhere, they are hilarious!

It's still shock rock. It has nothing to do with dressing up and looking cool. Poison looked cool and dressed up and they aren't shock rock.

Black metal bands DO have shock rock stage shows. How about that band recently that you posted something about that had a concert aired on a European TV show... you posted pictures and all. That stageshow was totally shock rock! They simulate rapes, they crucify girls in nuns outfits, they slaughter animals, they throw blood around, they set things on fire.... that stuff is everything that defines shock rock! Whether or not people actually get shocked by it or not doesn't matter because everyone gets shocked by different things but the fact that they go out and do those things with the intention of appearing brutal and shocking makes them shock rock.

And also whether or not they also do it off-stage is irrelevant. Besides, most black metal bands only do that stuff on stage. It's only some that took it too far and actually burnt down churches, killed people etc. Most black metal bands these days just look up to those dickheads (for some reason) and imitate them on stage, etc.

YES! Thats it! He does, but those pics in the ATHOW booklet are so funny, he looked like one of those clowns you put ping pong balls down at Luna Park in a couple of the pics...

Trixxi Trash said:
Black metal bands DO have shock rock stage shows. How about that band recently that you posted something about that had a concert aired on a European TV show... you posted pictures and all. That stageshow was totally shock rock! They simulate rapes, they crucify girls in nuns outfits, they slaughter animals, they throw blood around, they set things on fire....
I was laughing so hard reading that, that tears started rolling down my face!

Trixxi Trash said:
Black metal bands DO have shock rock stage shows. How about that band recently that you posted something about that had a concert aired on a European TV show... you posted pictures and all. That stageshow was totally shock rock! They simulate rapes, they crucify girls in nuns outfits, they slaughter animals, they throw blood around, they set things on fire.... that stuff is everything that defines shock rock! Whether or not people actually get shocked by it or not doesn't matter because everyone gets shocked by different things but the fact that they go out and do those things with the intention of appearing brutal and shocking makes them shock rock.
Yes, Gorgoroth, as I said. So that means all black metal bands do that? Most of them cant even afford real metal spikes on their outfits, let alone do a stage show like that.