If you could be a member of any metal band...

challenge_everything

Feb 9, 2006
great southern wasteland
If you could become a member of any metal band, past or present, who would you choose and why?

For me, Judas Priest, Ripper style, because rocking out with them in front of a massive crowd would be unbeatable.

WOuld love to be part of the 90s Norway BM scene but would be too lazy to wear makeup :)

Well...(Lord Vampyr era) Theatres des Vampires is my favourite band of alltime and also plays the 'ideal' style of music for me. A slight black metal influence, absolutely vampyric, and full of uber gothic keyboards and synth :p

I'd probably pick some modern trad metal band like Cathedral or Orange Goblin, because that's the style of music I usually write, and because I'd want my band to have plenty of the good old Rock 'N' Roll to it. :headbang:

I had a dream a few months ago that I was Zyklon's vocalist and we were about to perform live. I woke up before our set started.

Err... yeah, I suppose :S I was thinking more booze, buses of groupies, massive crowds in the presence on a few timelessly great musicians.
That sums them up pretty well. The Pantera home videos are proof that those dudes were funny fuckers that loved having a good time.
Id still choose Opeth tho'(I know they get mentioned 100x hour on this board) but being a part of Akerfeldts songwriting abilities would fulfill me. Id shit myself if I take Lindgren's spot up there. Just for Demon of the Fall:kickass:

I'd have liked to been the only constant member of Death besides Chuck, and have been the secret behind the change to progressive death metal in their later material.

I also sometimes wish I could've been in Metallica back in the early days so I could murder Hetfield, frame it on Kirk Hammett, take Mustaine back and assume the frontman position of the band.

Probably Godspeed You! Black Emperor...or for the pure fun factor (though I love them of course), Immortal... their songs are a blast to play.