If you could change a thing

I prefere the Black album over AJFA. I think the shorter songs are better and lack the repetition of AJFA. I can listen to an album that is 40,50 minutes, but I prefere around 15,35 minutes, the black album even then is lengthy.

Wherever I May Roam,Of Wolf and Man,Through the Never,etc... Metallica should have kept doing shit like this. Black album is good.

I'll take Reload over AJFA, tbh. Blackened and One are really good songs, but the rest is just overly lengthy and unfocused, with a crappy production.

How can someone hate on Unforgiven III? It was better than the first two, in fact, one of the two really good tracks on DM.

Cyanide was the only song I remember liking from the album, but I listened to it again recently and now it bores me too.

Cyanide was the only song I remember liking from the album, but I listened to it again recently and now it bores me too.

I liked the album a lot more when it came out than I do now, terrible mastering aside, but The Day That Never Comes and The Unforgiven III are still great tracks, even if not super metal.

AJFA is acutally my favorite Metallica album. All Metallica albums have their flaws, and the flaw of AJFA is the glossy guitar solos that don't fit in with the rough, bleak music. I also find some of the major chords on One to be off-putting and to not really fit in with the overall aesthetic of the record or the theme of that song. However, most of the record is just killer.

I liked the album a lot more when it came out than I do now, terrible mastering aside, but The Day That Never Comes and The Unforgiven III are still great tracks, even if not super metal.

Agreed. Day That Never Comes is one of their top tracks period, though I can leave Death Magnetic overall.

I'm also of the Black album > AJFA camp. Better production, better songwriting overall. Battery and One are top songs, To Live is to Die is good, the rest I can leave really.

Uneasy_Conscience said:
Anyway, the one thing I would change without a doubt is the absolutely horrific transition by In Flames from literally perfect melodeath to absolutely garbage post Clayman. Just an atrocious, sad, descent into the mainstream.

I agree that they were good, but far from perfect. But yes, there descent was sad, but predictable. Subterranean was the closest they came to perfection.

I think Skydancer perfectly defines the sub genre.

And if i could change a thing, I would want DT to have followed the path started on Projector. I like Haven a lot and view it as the bands last relevant album, but Ive grown to really appreciate the style on Projector.

How can someone hate on Unforgiven III? It was better than the first two

cereal-guy-cereal-guy-big-squint.png

Some day--and it may not be until you are lying on your deathbed- you will realize I was right about everything.

Except for the fact that you left off Blood Red Skies from your compilation

I would get rid of doom metal if I could change anything. Boring genre overall.

I was referring to you and burgerboy.

Doom and bm both have some great stuff as well as shit. Much like priest

Well, I'm going to relisten to all the doom I own. Currently listening to Psalm 9.

Not bad so far. Maybe I just don't listen enough to care about it?

So one other thing I would change is keeping Steve Tucker in Morbid Angel. The latest abomination probably wouldn't have happened if that were so.