If you could resurrect one metal god...

Which metal musician would you resurrect?

• Total voters
I really get irritated when people shit on maha kali and songs from Reinkaos
Not Reinkaos. The song maha kali. It's VERY shite. It's a proper demonstration of a band selling out. They introduced 'female chants' in the song and pronounced the word 'Jai' wrong. The melody of that portion is nothing to be glad about either.

I really get irritated when people shit on maha kali and songs from Reinkaos, most of which using the justification that it's because "it's just not Dissection."

How anyone can not bow down to the awesomeitude that is Reinkaos baffles me time and time again. It belongs on my top ten of all time, and is an absolutely amazing example of what metal should be.

I liked Reinkaos and that song just fine, even if it wasn't as good as the previous two. I enjoyed it on a completely different level. Dissection was always amazing.

Not Reinkaos. The song maha kali. It's VERY shite. It's a proper demonstration of a band selling out. They introduced 'female chants' in the song and pronounced the word 'Jai' wrong. The melody of that portion is nothing to be glad about either.

It's not really selling out. Jon just focused more on melodies/harmonies and extending leads. Different drummer,second guitarist, great musicians that just needed more time and work. As classic as storm of the lights bane is would not have wanted to hear it part 2. That would be more pointless than trying something different regardless the outcome. Selling out to me is more when you throw out your musicianship, not changing or trying new ideas and things or becoming more commercial. Reinkaos still demenstrates solid musicianship and crafted songs regardless being more commercial and having more pop like songs.

i'm a big windir fan, so i would like to have seen where valfar would have taken them in the future.

but for this poll, i go with my secret lover, quorthon. :kickass:

Euronymous all the way, but I want Dead back more. If he were alive, i could only imagine the kind of vocals he'd push to the limits and the more evil lyrics he'd write.

It's not really selling out. Jon just focused more on melodies/harmonies and extending leads. Different drummer,second guitarist, great musicians that just needed more time and work. As classic as storm of the lights bane is would not have wanted to hear it part 2. That would be more pointless than trying something different regardless the outcome. Selling out to me is more when you throw out your musicianship, not changing or trying new ideas and things or becoming more commercial. Reinkaos still demenstrates solid musicianship and crafted songs regardless being more commercial and having more pop like songs.
:erk:

Wow, you're really really wrong. I voted Euronymous because in my mind he is the most legendary, and would probably be involved in really amusing antics and would very likely be making interesting music today. However, Mayhem back in the day of varg and dead and euronymous was musically a terrible band. And in no way whatsoever, is that album better than an album like dreaming neon black or dead heart in a dead world. I mean, shit, you can't even compare the two; It's like comparing Gustav mahler to a bundle of sticks.

Well, I voted quorthon, but I changed my mind. I would like to see where control denied was going. I mean, if somehow they managed to put all those loose ends together, they would have a revolution, it seems. Oh course, they probably wouldn't, but if they had. They had a ton of potential.