Were behemoth better as a Black Metal or Death Metal band?

Were behemoth better as a Black Metal or Death Metal band?

• Black Metal

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Death Metal

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

Profanity

The Post Master
Jul 3, 2003
Manchester, England, UK
I've recently been a big fan of early Behemoth when they were a Black Metal band ever since I bought Behemoth 5CD Historica box set.

I feel that Behemoth's unique Black Metal sound compares with the best and some of their Black Metal albums like Sventevith-storming near the baltic is one of the best Black Metal albums ever.

It is well known have good Behemoth are as a Death Metal band with their unique style of brutal technical Death Metal and they are well renowned as being one of Polands best exports of Death Metal.

So which would you say ?

I would say death metal, but I am also more of a death metal fan than a black metal fan. Zos Kia Cultus was easiliy one of the best CDs of 2002, and Thelma666 was very good too. Their black metal stuff is very good as well, but doesn't necessarily strike me as better than my favorite black metal bands, such as Nokturnal Mortum, Graveland, Gontyna Kry, early Darkthrone, Moonblood, etc..

They were easily better when they were black metal. When I listened to Zos Kia Cultus, after only a few songs I got really bored.

I voted for DM. 'Zos Kia Cultus' is defo one of my favourite ever DM albums, so that alone is reason enough to vote for DM. But then again, I do prefer my Death Metal...

Profånity said:
I've recently been a big fan of early Behemoth when they were a Black Metal band ever since I bought Behemoth 5CD Historica box set.

I feel that Behemoth's unique Black Metal sound compares with the best and some of their Black Metal albums like Sventevith-storming near the baltic is one of the best Black Metal albums ever.

It is well known have good Behemoth are as a Death Metal band with their unique style of brutal technical Death Metal and they are well renowned as being one of Polands best exports of Death Metal.

So which would you say ?

I have Satanica, and it is ok, but I have never heard their black metal stuff? What CD shoudl I get to check it out?

Mike.