What are BLACK METAL and DEATH METAL in true essence?

back metal:
Darkthrone albums 2-5
Moonblood
Burzum's metal albums
Immortal up through Battles in the North
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas

death metal:
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
Gorguts - The Erosion of Sanity
Death - Leprosy

ender7227 said:
Like there is the slim chance that some grunge out there is better than Alice in Chains. The chance of that is considerably lower, though.

have you even heard The Melvins?

Black Metal: Bathory- Under the Sign

Death Metal: Morbid Angel- Altars of Madness

fairly good places to start...

Carcass, as great as they are dont define death metal IMO, sorry Carcassian

Danallica said:
A question then: Bands such as Burzum, Darkthrone, Mayhem, Immortal, Satyricon; are they classed as Black metal or death metal...and, i know tihs is hard to answer, but why would they be classed as one or the other?

To be presice they are all classified as 2nd generation black metal (with a few albums from Darkthrone and Bruzum going into other geners)

Susperia said:
^ That's exactly what I already fucking recommended.
Yeah, it was quote but I was too busy to go back a page and quote.:p
It appears to be general consensus anyway.

It's part of a drawing I did when I was a sophomore, then I made it black and white to look extra grIm.

It's a washed up mermaid, dying becase there's a horrible drought along with all the sea life scattered around her. She's holding a squid. Or octopus. Even I still can't tell the difference, and I researched the damn thing to draw it.

Yes, the original is 9x12 pencil drawing on like bristol paper or something.

I think it looks cooler like this, but here's the whole thing. I'm also planning on doing a huge painting of this idea in the future. And fix what I fucked up in the drawing. Mainly the scales on the legs. Which I partially erased out because I thought I'd do them over but never did.

No photoshop, it's just that when I scanned it, I selected to scan it in only black and white.

I was forced to cover up her nipples by my model. I didn't want to do it, but I didn't really have a choice either. :|