Why are melodeath and brutal death such despised genres?

MURAI said:
I like some of that "brutal" death out of sheer novelty. It gets pretty stupid when all its aims are the cliche "more extreme and brutal the better". It's not even what it was originally intended.

I never liked melo-death that much. Probably because it isn't my taste. I think it just sounds almost poppy to me.

Scar Symmetry is the most poppy metal band ever to be considered Melo-death. Hands down.

MetalNoob said:
I used to be huge into Melodic Death metal, such as Dark Tranquility(Still good), In Flames (their old stuff kinda sucks now to me, but Moonshield is still one my favorite songs), Soilwork (my biggest guilty pleasure, long live Bjorn).
Into stuff like Insomnium, Wuthering Surface etc.

I been getting into a lot of Brutal Death metal lately, but I tend to pass on a lot bands due to not having a distinct sound.

no offense to you but I cannot stand Soilwork...I heard one of their songs and heard a bunch of synthesizer masturbation and was like, "ok now....enough of this!"

V.V.V.V.V. said:
I love all Soilwork up to and including Figure Number Five, honestly...haha.

Man I even like Stabbing The Drama, sorry but the vocals are fucking sweet, but yea I'd take Steelbath Suicide over anything else they have made (though natural born chaos is fucking sweet to.)

Edit: I get a lot of shit for this, and i'm sure I will be getting more right now, but w/e

Authentic Metalhead said:
I condone this belief. All in all, metal is rather mind-expanding, more so than any other genre currently circulating through modern music.

If you ask me, rap is worst than metal, and not only musically. When I listened to rap it only gave me negative thoughts, I couldn't of cared less about school, my grammar was shit from reading their lyrics written in ebonics, thinking lesser of women, condones violence and guns, etc. I could go on. Of course, metal isn't about flowers and candy, but when I started listening to metal I couldn't figure out what a lot of lyrics meant, there were words I've never heard of before that made me explore and find out what these artists were talking about. In a sense, metal is intelligent music and definitely requires creative song writing.

UndyingDarkness said:
If you ask me, rap is worst than metal, and not only musically. When I listened to rap it only gave me negative thoughts, I couldn't of cared less about school, my grammar was shit from reading their lyrics written in ebonics, thinking lesser of women, condones violence and guns, etc. I could go on. Of course, metal isn't about flowers and candy, but when I started listening to metal I couldn't figure out what a lot of lyrics meant, there were words I've never heard of before that made me explore and find out what these artists were talking about. In a sense, metal is intelligent music and definitely requires creative song writing.

not all rap is bad, though.

When I listened to metal it only gave me negative thoughts, I couldn't of cared less about school, thinking lesser of christians, condones murder and rape, sacrificing of animals, wearing paint on my face and bad fashion etc, I could go on, now I only listen to britpop.

Int said:
When I listened to metal it only gave me negative thoughts, I couldn't of cared less about school, thinking lesser of christians, condones murder and rape, sacrificing of animals, wearing paint on my face and bad fashion etc, I could go on, now I only listen to britpop.

wow and why do you still post here?

and britpop is gay. fuck the Beatles.

Int said:
Metal doesn't condone rape, however it does condone DEATH.

There are popular bands like Amon Amarth though, which fit your description. Especially about anti-christianness. They actually have a lyric where they say "No Christian woman unraped" or something...

Int said:
Jesus christ you're a fucking moron ohiogrinder.

yeah you've pretty much figured me out....I am a moron...incapable of deciphering sarcasm through typed word cause we all know everyone is capable of doing that. there was no indication of sarcasm through your entire post yet you expect me to detect it? fuck off...