Why are melodeath and brutal death such despised genres?

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Severed Savior kind of suck...snore-inducing and typical. Brutality Is Law is OK sometimes...
Yeah. I find most of the Unique Leader stuff kinda boring. Odius Mortem, Vile, and Decrepit Birth are terrible. They are so boring it could put me to sleep.

Yeah, I definitely agree, Unique Leader is probably one of the best brutal labels, along with Sevared, Amputated Vein, etc. They put out at least usually (semi-)quality brutality with a very professional dedication to what they do; very respectable. And for some reason, the name of the label is awesome.

because metalheads try to be arrogant. and brutal/melo stuff got "popular" which is a contradiction of terms in metal
~gR~

VadimVon said:
Brutal Death is NOT a despised genre. It's a respected fucking genre.

I have noticed a lot of people on this board dislike because it is quite different from the old classics such as Morbid Angel, Obituary, Entombed etc. Until recently it seemed only V5 and I talked about it.

I don't understand why people are so down on bdm. Any poser can be "brootal," but the bands mentioned, especially on Unique Leader are made up of extremely competent musicians and their material is technical. Sure, the song writing department may be lacking some what, but what did you expect -- choirs, female vocals, epic and melodic riffs? Not that I don't like these things. My taste in Metal is broad.

To tell you the truth...I don't like these genres!!! They are very dark, they bring just negative emotions...It is not that negative emotions are bad... it is just that most people like positive things in life... maybe it is the reason why death metal is not very popular!

ladytwiglet said:
blimey....i love bands from both genres, but i do agree that there is a lot of shite around too. one of the brutal death bands i've recently been impressed by are Visceral Bleeding....excellent live too!
Visceral Bleeding are just brilliant.

Another really awesome and extremely brutal album that I'd like to recommend is Deranged's Plainfield Cemetary.