Firewind roll call!

I would have been furious if I drove 3+ hours on a Thursday night to see a 60 minute set from Gus and Henning. I so want to see Metalium swing through Chicago.

My guess is that Henning has not had enough time to learn enough of their songs. He had really short notice and probably only learned enough material for the majority of their shows, in which they would be the supporting band.

They definitely have enough tunes to fill up 2+ hours. They have released 5 good albums! I am sure that Gus could have ripped off a 20 minute solo if he felt the urge. How long was his main solo?

I definitely made the right choice of picking Edguy over Firewind.

I am really looking forward to finally getting a chance to see Edguy. So many classics... they had better pick the heavy ones.

Please no Lavatory Love Machine! That stupid song annoys me to no end. Perhaps the coyote howl in the beginning? Nope.. it has to be the way too gay chorus.

I enjoyed the firewind show. The band had quite a big sound, even though they were missing their vocallist. And the drummer is HUGE. I got a hug from him. The guy could have snapped me like a twig.

Bavmorda and Sacred Dawn also got a very positive reaction from the crowd.