Firewind's Future

Aletheus

Jul 20, 2008
Croatia
Warning, opinions ahead:

Unfortunately, those saying how Firewind's days were numbered ever since he teamed up with Ozzy may end up being right after all.

I can't remember when was the last time I heard anything positive about Firewind, and to add insult to injury I never really dug the last album either.

There was a time a few years back (2010), when Firewind was still within the contract with Century Media and Gus was announced as Ozzy's guitarist. I can imagine that a bunch of labels wanted Gus! So that's probably why the negotiations with Century Media took a little longer. And I hope Gus made a good contract! CM probably had to come up with a good sum in order to keep him ;)

So, what DID Firewind release since the new contract? Few against many (2012) + Apotheosis live (2013).
But what about Gus G.? He released his solo CD "I am the fire" in 2014. His contract is still running, probably a 5 Years Deal / 3 Releases? Who knows?
I wouldn't bury Firewind just like that. Bob is on tour with Serious Black, Gus is on Tour with his Band (+Jo Nunez), but those tours will last until summer. Then they will record a new CD (because Ozzy will be occupied with Black Sabbath).

And of course Gus will have to be ready for Ozzy when he calls!

They are making music, they are generally genius and they will be back!

Unfortunately Gus already said he is going to record a sequel to his solo album while Ozzy is doing his thing with Black Sabbath, so don't count on any new Firewind stuff soon.

On the bright side, I'm seeing Gus G in Southampton later this month, is anyone else gonna be seeing Gus on his tour?

I honestly wouldn't mind at all if Firewind was laid to rest. Days of Defiance and Few Against Many were humongous disappointments, but they were better than Gus' solo album, which wasn't that great.

I honestly wouldn't mind at all if Firewind was laid to rest. Days of Defiance and Few Against Many were humongous disappointments, but they were better than Gus' solo album, which wasn't that great.

FAM and DOD were definitely different. I wouldn't describe either as dissapointments, DOD is one of my favorite Firewind abums, and I liked Glorious and Losing My Mind off of FAM.

Honestly, the only Firewind album I really don't like is BHAH, and that one hardly counts as a proper Firewind album anyway, since none of the members stayed on.

My favorite albums would be from Forged by Fire through to Days of Defiance.

Gus' solo album wasn't that good, I'll agree. But I'm still looking forward to seeing him play live, and I've got a meet and greet package. I hear he's going to be playing a song from one of his old bands like Dream Evil according to his facebook.

here is a FB-Post where it says "We're looking forward to start working on new material and get back on the road! Where do you want to see us next?"
https://www.facebook.com/firewindof...6569660729133/895378627181562/?type=1&theater

So what does this mean?

"Hey Firewind Fans, we are not dead, keep ready for updates, btw where should we play live?"

And according to this Interview, Gus is making music 24/7, either if it's for his solo career or for Firewind. And He is looking for a singer that can handle everything as a full time member: recording, touring, festivals, songwriting...

So it's up to us what we do about this. One thing is for sure: Firewind is not dead, they are just looking for the right person. When they have him (or her??), they will be back in no time!

Also, I want them to take their time with the choice and to record great quality material! No haste. Do the job right.

So I'm ready for it when it arrives!

here is a FB-Post where it says "We're looking forward to start working on new material and get back on the road! Where do you want to see us next?"
https://www.facebook.com/firewindof...6569660729133/895378627181562/?type=1&theater

So what does this mean?

"Hey Firewind Fans, we are not dead, keep ready for updates, btw where should we play live?"

And according to this Interview, Gus is making music 24/7, either if it's for his solo career or for Firewind. And He is looking for a singer that can handle everything as a full time member: recording, touring, festivals, songwriting...

So it's up to us what we do about this. One thing is for sure: Firewind is not dead, they are just looking for the right person. When they have him (or her??), they will be back in no time!

Also, I want them to take their time with the choice and to record great quality material! No haste. Do the job right.

So I'm ready for it when it arrives!

I spoke to him about a month ago and I don't know how relevant this is now, but he apparently has been trying things with a particular singer. Whether anything has come of it I don't know.