Firewire PROBLEM! help needed!

ermsyc

New Metal Member
Dec 11, 2010
South Texas
My Liquid Saffire 56 works fine on my old pc but on my new pc it doesnt work at all. The FW Active LED flashes green. It should be constant. Yes im using the legacy driver. The Saffire shows up in Device Manager and has no conflicts or errors. When I open Saffire Mixcontrol it runs extremely slow and crashes BUT it shows that the saffire IS connected.
When I switch to the nonlegacy 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller the FW Active light stays on but Saffire Mixcontrol does NOT detect the Device.
Its NOT the FW PCIe card because when i put the card into my old pc the saffire runs Perfect on it. It has to be something with the new pc but i just cant figure it out! I emailed Focusrite on Thursday night with my pc specs and problem but no response :( Im going to call them on Monday and see what they say but i doubt they can help. Any suggestions?:confused:

Heres my PC specs:
Firewire PCIe Card: SiiG
MOBO:Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
CPU:i7-2600k at 3.8ghz
RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance
GPU: Nvidia Gtx 550 ti
HD'S: 1.Corsair Force Series 3 SSD 120gb
2. Hitachi 2tb 7200 RPM 16mb cache

hi ermsyc,

i found your post in google and i have nearly exactly the same problem with the focusrite saffire pro 40! could you find any solution meanwhile? we tried everything, even the focusrite support is helpless and we are almost totally desperate.

i‘d be very grateful if you could give me some advice ..

Thanks in advance!!

-flord

May just be that combination of Motherboard and Firewire. I just built an i7 2600k rig with a Siig card. The Siig you have is Texas Instrument based, correct. I have built several DAW Rigs in the past and always used Gigabyte boards. Well this time I bought an Asus board on recomendation of the Microcenter guy. I put the system together and my TI Based Siig firewire card had shit fits. I took the board back, bought a Gigabyte and its rock solid. Never again will I stray from Gigabyte motherboards. Ive use them in 6 plus DAW's and they always work.