First CD you ever bought?

Wolff

New Metal Member
May 9, 2001
Mine MDB's Turn Loose the Swans. One of the top 5 in my collection... still

mine is metallica - black album but then my brother took it and listen to it and he lost it.

Well the first that I truly count and remember is Smashing Pumpkins- Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness (I don't like them anymore..) that was when i was about 9. I also got Metallica's black album and Nirvana- In Utero

Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. This was back when cd's were first introduced and it was on sale. I didn't even have a player at the time.

Enjoy the moment.....

Originally posted by Oyo
Ok.. cut me slack here, when I was like eight I bought "Alanis Morisette- Jagged little pill" :rolleyes:
you were EIGHT? god damn, that makes me feel old. i feel like i got that yesterday.

i think mine was something lame like mariah carey unplugged or dance mix usa. :lol: my, i've come a long way.

next question is, what our tape collections consist of. now, THAT is scary.

You own TAPES? DAMN YOU'RE OLD! j/k...yes I had Garth Brooks on tape....oh come on, I was 7 or eight....ok, stop laughing now....STOP....I'm srious stop.....
When I was 11 I had Adrenalize by Def Leppard on tape *hangs head in embarassment*
first cd ever was Master of Puppets by this old band thats not around anymore called METALlica...

Do you want scary!
I put an eight track player in my first car!
Do you still think that you're old Lina?

Enjoy the moment....

oh yeah. never free, never me
i beleive i listen to One when i was about 6 and living in vietnam. my brother was listening to the radio. i have no idea what it was. it's something like hold my breath as i wait for death. and then when i came to america i hear the same thing i was like :eek: . that's how i got into metal

God this REALLY makes me feel old! I see some of these answers and think I was probably the age some of you are now when these albums came out.My first ever album was vinyl and it was Kiss alive 2 in 1979!My uncle gave that to me when I was about four! First CD was Sepultura's Morbid Visions/Bestial Devastations and Napalm Death's Utopia banished this was in 1992 when I first got a CD player.I no longer own either of these because they never quite grew on me but it's funny thinking about this because I now have over 800 CD'S!!

Originally posted by Liquid Tension
Do you want scary!
I put an eight track player in my first car!
Do you still think that you're old Lina?

Enjoy the moment....

You want old? My first home stereo had an 8 track RECORDER built into the reciever. Do you know how hard it is to record stuff with an 8 track? They have no rewind. :eek: :mad: :eek: