First Day Buyer's

one man stands

Twins Still In It
Feb 14, 2002
Albert Lea, MN
Visit site
I was at work today daydreaming, when I thought of something that I thought might make a good thread. It concerns Release dates of albums. How many times have you waited and waited, and then when you go buy it, it is a huge dissapointment(sp)?, or one of the best albums you have ever bought. I will limit myself to one for each for now, but will add more once I see what other people write. Since this is a Anthrax board, I do have to go with Sound of White Noise as A worth the Wait. I remember going after school and picking it up and then sitting in my car before work trying to hear all of it before I had to go in. That album will always make me remember the summer of '93 as a great summer.
A huge dissapointment for me was Pantera, Far Beyond Driven. I don't mind the album now, but when I was waiting for it and finally got it, it did not live up to my expectations. I guess Vulgar was so great, nothing could really follow that up. So what does everyone else have?

SOWN is definately one that really lived up to the expectations and beyond.

As for albums that disappointed, there are way too many to mention. I used to buy tons of albums the day they came out, only to find out the band had changed directions or mellowed or only had one good album in them after all. I'm grateful now for file sharing, so I can screen out the bad purchases before I make them.

I'm with TD, exept I didn't skip school, everytime a Kiss album was coming out I would send my mom to buy it so I could hear it as soon as I got home. Destroyer and R n R Over and Love Gun ruled, but Unmasked.......Zeppelin was another band I did this with.

The great southern trendkill was actually the biggest downer for me,it is a cool album but far beyond driven was just so mindblowing i was expecting them to top it big time,they opted for sheer aggression on trendkill but it didnt have the groove of far beyond driven.

I was also a little dissapointed with sown,the album had kickass songs from start to finish but soundwise it was not up to scratch.
stomp was the most satisfying wait for me!!!

Probably the biggest dissapointment was the second rage against the machine album,the first album was a masterpiece and when i listened to evil empire it was just noise and it didnt let up, battle for los angeles was a return to form but still not as good as there self titled effort.