First good mix with NO SAMPLES! (Indie/ambient/hardcore)

Drums sound nice, but i think they need a touch of space. I would add some room verb, an early reflections type patch.

This sounds very nice! What was used on the kick? +2 on the space thing. I'd also see if you can beef up the low end without completely covering the kick. The snare sounds pretty nice and snappy for being a sample, what head was used?

yeah i've already got some verb on there, i'll probably bring it up more in the final mix. but they also have some faster punk stuff where it doesn't sound as good being spacious. i wanted t

the snare is not a sample, it was mic'd with an audix i5. the kick was mic'd with a d6, pretty much i cut a little 200hz out and boosted 1.3k.

yeah i've already got some verb on there, i'll probably bring it up more in the final mix. but they also have some faster punk stuff where it doesn't sound as good being spacious. i wanted t

the snare is not a sample, it was mic'd with an audix i5. the kick was mic'd with a d6, pretty much i cut a little 200hz out and boosted 1.3k.

Sorry, I meant for not being a sample :p. What kind of head?

Listened again, still digging it hardcore! I want to avoid using samples for my bands album now. One last question, what kind of head on the kick?

this song is really really good, there is not enough bands like this.
i live in indiana and all i get is deathcore metalcore bands that just calls for slate.

I love the music and the mix man, this is the kind of approach I'm trying to get into more often.

And listening on some pretty weedy monitors, the low end seems pretty fine overall.

Just a suggestion, but maybe a big roomy snare like on the Crime In Stereo and newer Brand New stuff would work well on this material too.

Keep up the good work!

This info is from another thread I made forgetting I had this one:

D6 on kick, i5 on snare, 57 for bottom snare, beta 58's on toms, oktava mk012 for overheads, sm7 on hihat (though it's really low in the mix) and an at2050 as a room mic.

bla moded digi002 pre's for kick and overheads, gap73 w/ zen pro mod for snare, and firepod pre's for toms.

jcm800 w/ matching cab with various pedals, sm57, gap73 pre. There was a bit of 5.6k I ended up dialing out in the mix. First time recording a jcm800, and It was really a nice break from my 5150 that I end up using on all my recordings.

Vocals are sm7 into the gap73.

I don't remember the kick head, but i'm pretty sure it was a remo. I actually had a big roomy snare before this mix, but the band wasn't digging it. there still is some reverb, but i just brought it back a bit.

If you boosted the presence/high end of the guitars they would sound 10x better imo.
This sounds really really nice though. Vocals could be more up front.
Bass sounds absolutely phenomenal.

man, its a huge relief to come across music like this on here. even if it is the "ultimate metal" forum. the mix is fantastic, i love the natural vibe its got going on :)