First mix of a new tune for TNBD

great song and great drums man.:) that snare sounds amazing...
what happened with the samples from that kit that you were going to share?

Yeah I know I know! I need to get on top of those samples :) Will probably release them around the same time as the album. They'll be free, and in a variety of formats. Also toying with the idea of a remix competition.

Btw, I'm not the drummer ;)

I know my username is drew_drummer, but I'm actually one of the guitarists :)

Just curious if this is translating well to other systems. It appears to be on my side, and the rest of the band are happy so far. What you think?

I quite like it! The songwriting is great, and the overall mix sounds very organic and natural. It has a very live feel to it. Awesome work!

I'm in love with the sound interplay between that snare and kick drum

given the type of sound you're trying for with the overall mix ... I dig it. There is something cloudy in the lows but I think if you sculpt that kick drum just a little bit more it could make a big difference

Also a little extra presence on the bass might not hurt.

I'm only listening on some shitty pc speakers right now so take it all with a grain of salt

other than that, I love the feel of it. Really nice sounding

Cheers guys. I think I need a bit of high-shelf on the bass guitar at certain points, and I think I want to try triggering a slightly more distorted kick drum fairly low in the mix, to bring out the kick a bit more in a few places. Pretty happy with the guitars at the moment.