First mix of new song, Attack Attack meets ABR?

Attack Attack! meets Attack Attack! :loco:
I agree with OneDaySky. Nothing going on in the sub-range at all. Try better EQing... maybe look up bass and drum processing, using the sneap search!

Nice to hear a mix with vocals on it. Guitars don't seem too bad for me but it doesn't hurt to try what OneDaySky said. The bass isn't bassy enough for me. If you're using a PC download a free plugin called TSE B.O.D. it's a sansamp sim I guess. It can do wonders to basstracks. The low end in the kick seems a bit tiny too. This kind of mix needs a huge BD imo. Vocals need redoing for the shouting/crying parts. There's something that makes me want to skip those parts. They're no exactly bad but theres some weird tone that doesn't really make them as bad ass as they're meant to.

Overall a really good mix and with slight improvements it's gonna be perfect! You're close.

Redid bass tone; re-EQ'd bass, kick, guitars, vocals; re-mixed bass drop; re-EQ'd master; re-mixed guitars with bass. Tell me if it sounds subbier to you guys! I don't currently have the resources to retrack the crazy part in the middle and at the end, though I'm afraid that "weird tone" you're talking about is just how he screams.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6920288/Debt with Subs.mp3

Like night and day. Much better. Loving the bass now. Yeah I know it's in the way he screams. But maybe make him scream those parts again when you have the chance? I think he is using too much head voice in them and that's what's making that tone I'm not too keen on.

But anyways. Loving this new mix! What's the name of the band?

EDIT: I believe it's All things Shine? :D

Like night and day. Much better. Loving the bass now. Yeah I know it's in the way he screams. But maybe make him scream those parts again when you have the chance? I think he is using too much head voice in them and that's what's making that tone I'm not too keen on.

But anyways. Loving this new mix! What's the name of the band?

EDIT: I believe it's All things Shine? :D

Thanks! Yeah, I had a lot of things hi-passed strangely - not sure why anymore. We probably will re-take. Yes, the band is All Things Shine - it's actually my band, I'm the guy playing the guitars and clean vocals =]

Title pulled me in haha
Yeah I have to say gang vocals could use some help
Sounds too present to me
How close are you to the mic when you do them
I've found actually putting the mic at the end of my hallway (about 10 yards) gives it alot of natural reverb then I add some verb and scoop some high mids

Just a suggestion :D

Try putting his screams through a tube pedal or plugin to give it more grit maybe! I think its just lacking "beads" -Melissa Cross

Haha, it's funny you say that because the guy actually learned to scream from Melissa Cross DVDs. But I will try that! Not sure why I didn't think of it - I put the lead vox through a saturator plugin half the time...

Title pulled me in haha
Yeah I have to say gang vocals could use some help
Sounds too present to me
How close are you to the mic when you do them
I've found actually putting the mic at the end of my hallway (about 10 yards) gives it alot of natural reverb then I add some verb and scoop some high mids

Just a suggestion :D

I have to agree - we thought it would be fun to incorporate our friends in the recording, and we tried it with headphones and they weren't getting it - so we had to monitor through the studio monitors and have them record it in the control room. I've done about all I can do given the circumstances short of retracking. I'll keep those suggestions in mind for the future though, when we're actually tracking gang vocals the right way!

Do you think any of the other vocals sound too present? Because I get that a lot.

Do you think any of the other vocals sound too present? Because I get that a lot.

Now that you mention it maybe a little. Do you have any reverb on the screams? Sometimes just an unhearable amount of reverb will glue the vocals in better. But they're still quite good.

Now that you mention it maybe a little. Do you have any reverb on the screams? Sometimes just an unhearable amount of reverb will glue the vocals in better. But they're still quite good.

Alright. And yes I do - I have a short delay with a small reverb after it to sort of even things out, and I'm bussing all the vocals to it. I might try turning it up a bit - I just hate what having too much reverb does to a mix so I'm afraid =p

Yeah.. reverb is a dangerous plugin :D But maybe turn it up just a small amout. REALLY small even. I have the same problems with my mixing too. The vocals either get buried in the mix or stand out too much. I guess it depends on the screamer also.