First Nightingale cd?

Syndrome

Savage Messiah
Nov 3, 2002
Sweden
Visit site
Which should I get..
Closing Chronicles or Breathing Shadows?

I've actually never heard nightingale before, but I've heard good shit about em. Can I get samples or something somewhere?

Originally posted by Syndrome
Which should I get..

Which should you should get between Breathing Shadow and Closing Chronicles? Both are excellent releases. Why not get both? Heh. If you had to choose between one or the other, I'd suggest getting Breathing Shadow first. Then move on to Closing Chronicles, then I, then Alive Again. Chronological purposes only, not favoritism on my part.

I've actually never heard nightingale before, but I've heard good shit about em. Can I get samples or something somewhere?

There's a full track from "Alive Again" posted on the official site. http://nightingale.ultimatemetal.com/ - check the 'news' section, it's down near the bottom of the page. There's also an "Alive Again" medley teaser floating around the net.

Originally posted by Syndrome
Which should I get..

'The Closing Chronicles'. It is way better than 'The Breathing Shadow'. It's worth it alone for "So Long (Still I Wonder)".

I'd definitely start with Closing Chronicles.. Get the best of the best before you try the rest. Breathing Shadow is pretty good, but the drum machine bothers me.

My first was "I". I've heard the mp3 and then I bought CDs - "I", "The Closing Cronicles" and "The Breathing Shadow"... Unfortunately I haven't got "Alive Again" yet, but I will do it soon! All albums are great, but personally I like "The Closing Cronicles" a little bit more than others :)

Nefilim said:
I think Alive Again is the strongest release so far, but I recommend the chronological order... since the story of the albums is so intertwined.

Well the story is not in the same order as the albums were released.

Order of release:
Breathing Shadow
Closing Chronicles
I
Alive Again

Story order:
I
Breathing Shadow
Closing Chronicles
Alive Again

I have the first three albums. I'll get Alive Again soon. Everything I heard/read about it says it's possibly their best.

I was the first N'gale I picked up. I got TBC and TCC the same time. I absolutely love TCC, but when I compare to it the I album I feel the song on I are more fortright. They're more focused and stand on their own with great musianship. TCC on the other hand is an album that you just must hear from beginning to end, since each song complements it predecessor. It's incredible. If you like prog rock that is dark check it out. TBC is the most gothic one in my opinion.

NP: Memento Mori - La Danse Macabre

Mezarkabul said:
TBC is the most gothic one in my opinion.
I think you mean TBS. But I knew what you meant anyway. Yeah, there's a great gothic influence on that disc.

If you like that, check out Dan's cover of the song 'Lucretia, My Reflection' originally done by the goth-rock band The Sisters Of Mercy. It's a stunning cover and his vocals fit it well.

COnsiderateApathy said:
I think you mean TBS. But I knew what you meant anyway. Yeah, there's a great gothic influence on that disc.

If you like that, check out Dan's cover of the song 'Lucretia, My Reflection' originally done by the goth-rock band The Sisters Of Mercy. It's a stunning cover and his vocals fit it well.
Ooops, sorry about that. My bad. I did mean The Breathing Shadow. :)

NP: Divine Regale - Ocean Mind