First post: Albums like "Something Wild"

dcf004

New Metal Member
May 4, 2008
Hey, first post here.
Im a pretty big Bodom fan (saw them for the first time at Gigantour in Montreal this year, i wished they'd played more songs!!), and i find that Something Wild has a significantly "Blacker"-metal sound than newer albums. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any albums by other artists of the same sort of genre.
Thanks guys!

Hm, I can't really associate "Something Wild" with Sinergy.. since Sinergy has a Follow The Reaper sound, IMO.

Malmsteen? I dno. It's hard to tell.

You'd probably get more luck if you go for actual black metal albums. I know Alexi and Jaska were listening to black metal bands back in '97 but I can't remember which ones. If someone can post, then check out those bands.

You'd probably get more luck if you go for actual black metal albums. I know Alexi and Jaska were listening to black metal bands back in '97 but I can't remember which ones. If someone can post, then check out those bands.

Alexi listened/listens to Darkthrone. I'm a big fan of black metal myself. If you want some really good black metal albums, I recommend:

Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Immortal - Pure Holocaust
Emperor - Wrath of the Tyrant

Those are some good ones. Contact me if you want more.

Hey, first post here.
Im a pretty big Bodom fan (saw them for the first time at Gigantour in Montreal this year, i wished they'd played more songs!!), and i find that Something Wild has a significantly "Blacker"-metal sound than newer albums. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any albums by other artists of the same sort of genre.
Thanks guys!
Ah well, I love Something Wild too, it's my second favourite album by CoB, and I do agree on the fact that it reminds of black-metal, a lil' bit.
I wouldn't know what other albums by other artists I could suggest you though, since I've always claimed that CoB's old style was pretty much hard to define and describe, but I do love black metal a lot and I think you could follow this Bodominarvoitus's advice...

Alexi listened/listens to Darkthrone. I'm a big fan of black metal myself. If you want some really good black metal albums, I recommend:

Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Immortal - Pure Holocaust
Emperor - Wrath of the Tyrant

Those are some good ones. Contact me if you want more.

By the way, the albums "A Blaze In The Northern Sky" and "The Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" are awesome, I love them too. :)

Hm, I can't really associate "Something Wild" with Sinergy.. since Sinergy has a Follow The Reaper sound, IMO.
Yeah, I kinda think the same.

^seconded

But seriously thinking about a Something Wild - like album... I'm not sure there's any, sounds pretty unique.
There are several big influences in it as it's already been said.
Yngwie Malmsteen, first of all, for the soloing and many licks here and there.
Black metal bands like Darkthrone, old-Hypocrisy, Immortal, Emperor, ...
Check them out.

De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas ;)

You're absolutely right, never happened such a thing before... I remember I was doing more things at the same time when I posted that.
Not an excuse though, but it's the truth, you're obviously free not to believe me, I accept it. I apologize anyway.

Something Wild doesn't really sound like black metal at all. There's a small vibe in parts of songs, but that's about it. I'd say there's more neo-classical than anything.

I've heard a few Warmen songs, and they also carry this neo-classical vibe. I'd check them out.

wow thanks alot guys!!
yeah my bad, i guess it is more neo-classical. but from what little black metal i actually listen to, you can't deny that In the Shadows has that feel, especially in the first like 30 seconds of the song.