First Post From Nidhogg, the Corpse Eater.

N

Nidhogg

Hi, I am Nidhogg.

I am a monstrous serpent that gnaws perpetually at the deepest root of the World Tree Yggdrasil, threatening to destroy it. I am always bickering with the eagle that houses in the top of the tree. I lie on Nastrond in Niflheim, were I eat corpses to sustain myself.

I left the shore of corpses a while back to see Amon Amarth preform at the Trocadaro theatre in philadelphia, PA... on ah, Oct, 23 2003... I think, they weren't the headliners... Nile was, I believe... anyway, now for my story...

I was about fith in line for the show... waiting for the doors to open, when Johan, Ted, and I believe Mikkonen or somebody walked by... I don't think anyone noticed who they were, I shouted at them but they didn't hear... so they walk into a chinese resturant (because the trocadaro is in china town) and eat... which upsets me because they should be eating some sort of fish or raw meat, not chinese food, know what I mean? It's an image.

Anyway, they leave the place... the doors are 10 minutes from opening, when I shout "ODIN" at the top of my lungs in their direction. They glance at me and look away, but Ted gives me the biggest smile I have ever seen in my life... I am very happy. Oh, and Johan drank beer on stage... cool, I only see "metal" bands drink water nowadays, shitbags...

By the way, tell me if my signiture is too big, thanks.

Brainkisser said:
Actually you pass insults to the eagle via the squirrel Ratatosk. Cool story though. :headbang:

You think I don't know that... where is that squirrel anyway?

:loco:

the squirrel ratatosk leaps from branch to branch from the roots to canopy, he has no special place. nidhogg is not the corpse eater, that's "hräsvelg" the eagle from which wingbeats the winds of the world comes. since you seem to have taken your story from pantheon.org or some site that has taken it's text from that site, it's odd you you claim to be the corpse eater since it says on the site that nidhogg is the "corpse tearer" :p

spaffe said:
the squirrel ratatosk leaps from branch to branch from the roots to canopy, he has no special place. nidhogg is not the corpse eater, that's "hräsvelg" the eagle from which wingbeats the winds of the world comes. since you seem to have taken your story from pantheon.org or some site that has taken it's text from that site, it's odd you you claim to be the corpse eater since it says on the site that nidhogg is the "corpse tearer" :p

Hmm... you make an interesting statment there pal, who are you going to trust? Some lies written by a non-believer, or an actually mythological, I mean... legendary beast? Hmm?
:headbang:
Lose translations my friend, I have read in some books on the subject that I am the "coprse eater", I do know that that tricky bird eats them too... My name has been transtated to mean 'striking full of hatred' and 'dread biter' too... in The Norse Myths by Kevin Crossley-Holland it says I also eat corpses... which I do... but I mostly enjoy Yggdrasil the best... mmm, mmm ash bark... so regardless what the name really translates to, I still eat the corpses and I would like my friends to call me Corpse Eater.

haha fair enough, corpse eater it is then, though i've never read anything about any devoured corpses... i wonder how they'd end up among the roots of the world tree :p

And I am said friend who was one of the people eating said food at the japanese place with Ted and Johan. :D They are incredibly polite, nice guys. I have a bunch of pics of their set on the webzine in the sig.

Hey, we ate sushi. That's close to raw meat!

haha fair enough, corpse eater it is then, though i've never read anything about any devoured corpses... i wonder how they'd end up among the roots of the world tree

it's the silly christians burying themselves. we all know a funeral pyre is the way to go.

My friend introduced me to Fred. I said "Ah. So you're the guy who hits things for Amon Amarth, right?" He tried to look the other way after that.

Fenrir13 said:
And I am said friend who was one of the people eating said food at the japanese place with Ted and Johan. :D They are incredibly polite, nice guys. I have a bunch of pics of their set on the webzine in the sig.

Hey, we ate sushi. That's close to raw meat!
Fenrir, you oughta love the pic in yr avatar. I had to say it, but people drinking Jaeger from the bottle are so kewlll.... reminds me of myself 2 weeks ago :worship:

FYI, Johan will eat anything, raw or other wise. The term bottomless pit comes to mind. (I only wrote that cause I know he checks in every so offten, and it's my job to harrass him as much as fucking possible. What else do you have sisters for?!!)

FYI, Johan will eat anything, raw or other wise. The term bottomless pit comes to mind. (I only wrote that cause I know he checks in every so offten, and it's my job to harrass him as much as fucking possible. What else do you have sisters for?!!)

hehe...I do recall me barely being able to get down half my massive plate of sushi and noodles, and I think he managed to down his rather quickly. Ted didn't do too badly either. :D