First Post

scarab

I wanna be your pimp
Oct 23, 2002
Denver, CO
Visit site
Greetings all. This is my first post here. Up until about a week ago, I moderated and posted at the Black Sabbath forum on the sony system, but they shut that down. :mad: And I definitely DON'T have a junior member, despite what you might have heard.

ANYway, some of my current favorite bands: Sabbath, Opeth, Cryptopsy, Edge of Sanity, Bloodbath, Arch Enemy, Sentenced, Katatonia(their older stuff), Slayer, Death, Armaggedon, Primordial, Impaled, SYL, Jethro Tull, Tom Waits, DRI, The Misfits, The Dwarves, GG Allin, Dead Kennedys, Circle Jerks, Refused, Candiria, Mastadon and I could probably go on and on so I'll stop there, for now. I've got extremely varied tastes but metal is by far my favorite genre.

That's it. I love this bbs an plan on posting here for a while. Can't wait to learn about some great new bands.

Welcome to UM! :wave:
Originally posted by scarab
And I definitely DON'T have a junior member, despite what you might have heard.
:lol: Ah, an oldie but a goodie :D. Good to see you like Opeth :headbang: :headbang:.

Enjoy the forums. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, rusty. Good to be here. There will be more of us, like the original SOH, coming over here.

How goes, SOH? Haven't seen you around a lot recently.

i guess i will start posting here as well :) im glad to see scarab and soh have come along as well.

some of my favorite bands would be: iron maiden, black sabbath, judas priest, ac/dc, rush, queen, megadeth, pink floyd, led zeppelin and lot's more. Im a classic metal junkie :D

eh i love classic muslce cars from the late 60's early 70s. I love to read tons of books on eastern philosphy and religion. I listen to other things such as , opera, classical, jazz, blues, international and so on .

*pinches scarabs bum*:D

-Lily

Awesome. After 1000+ posts on various Sony BBs, I am now officially a "junior member". :err:

Favorite band list runs 3 miles long and several yards deep, genre be damned. A cross section, leaning towards the metallic:

Rush, Iron Maiden, Testament, Slayer, Anthrax, Vader, Nevermore, Impaled, Opeth, Behemoth, Pig Destroyer, Porcupine Tree, The Crown, Arch Enemy, Immolation, Death, Carcass, In Flames, Skinless, Dying Fetus, Iced Earth, Morbid Angel, Dream Theater, Pantera, Cephalic Carnage, Suffocation, Strapping Young Lad, hundreds more...

Anyways, good to see the few Sabbath refugees who have already migrated. Pleased to meet the rest of you.

w00t..I'm here now too (btw, to all those from the black sabb. board, this is gloStix.)

Think I'll be the only one REALLY differing in music tastes from the rest of the crowd..once again. List of Fav. bands include Poison the well, Glassjaw, Finch, Thursday, Opeth, Slayer, Atreyu, boysetsfire, God Forbid, Saves the Day..and it goes on and on.

*sits and waits to hear the "gah, you like that emo crap?!" comments to begin*

Bugger me, it's an invasion! ;)

You are all welcome to this wonderful place :wave:. Maybe now Mark'll set up a Sabbath forum :D. You should all petition him about that.

Originally posted by XprettylushX
*sits and waits to hear the "gah, you like that emo crap?!" comments to begin*
Gah, you like that emo crap?!

;) Someone had to do it.

Enjoy the forums :).

Hey, what's up?
This is my first post here...I used to post on the Sabbath board too (though not for the past year or so). Favorite music: Slayer, Ministry, Amorphis, heard my first Opeth just yesterday and liked it a lot. Also, a lot of less heavy stuff: Alice In Chains, Offspring, Faith No More. I'm not a big fan of new metal, but Disturbed is growing on me.

What's up guys? This is Ricoh, former moderator for Sabbath and the old Alice In Chains forum. Favorite band list runs forever. I'm just glad I have a place to hang out and discuss metal with likeminded individuals... or something equally as lame and pathetic.

Ricoh