first review of the new album

I sent both the Split and Alone Beside Her to one of my writers a couple weeks back, so you should be reading those reviews relatively soon. :wave:

Dan, my King Diamond interview is now posted. King was really cool, he talked for about twenty minutes straight about the album. He gave me a track-by-track run down about the album's storyline. Too bad I hooked up my recording equipment wrong, so instead of a Q and A interview, i have a summary of what he said with a few quotes. Anyway, it's still a good read. You can read it at the interview section on www.metalcentre.com

Awesome interview. The tour news turned me on.

Cool Reanimator interview as well. Thrashin The Neighborhood is awesome.

How did you score the King interview? WHo did you have to contact for that?

Thanks metal head. Actually, there was a lot of info i had to ommit because I had to summarize the interview from memory. I hooked up my gear wrong and the interview didn't record. I get service from Metal Blade, so a lot of the material I post comes from them, hence king diamond. Thanks for the compliment on the news. I do about 99% of the news. So you like Reanimator? They rule. Everything on Galy rules. That's another label I get serviced by along with Earache, Roadrunner and some Leafhound. After my interview with devil driver this weekend, I feel I have a strong enough resume to start looking into print. When I do that, I should secure some more labels.

LivingForMetal gets promos from Galy too.
We also get from Metal Blade, so I'll try to score a King interview. That would be a dream come true for me, since he is one of my idols. I'd also love to try to interview one of the MF guys.

I think I've been to Lansing a few times.
The only parts of Michigan I really have been to are Royal Oak, Southfield, Milferd, Dearborn and where I live, Oak Park. I'm only in Michigan part of the time though. I mostly live in NYC.
Joe from Sacrifice is in Livonia I think

Talking to King was a dream come true for me. The Eye was what turned me onto dark metal. I've been hooked ever since. So what Galy bands beside Reanimator do you like? I really dig Blinded by Faith, Anonymus and Martyr. I interviewed all three of those bands. Oh, Shades of Dusk rocks too. I first heard about that label when i heard Augury a couple years ago. Another great band.

I love Martyr as well. Very Atheist-ish. I love Augury and Anonymus as well.
Atheretic is another great band.
I don't know exactly which bands are one their roster off hand though. But I remember really digging the bands on their label. Definitely a label dedicated to quality, and helping preserve the very underrated Canadian metal scene.
With all the great bands coming out of Canada now, it's almost like the 80's scene (although, this isn't really as much with thrash).

Wow man, that's an awesome interview! I can't wait for that album and tour for that matter!!!!

\m/

by the way, I Hal was not in MF, he was the bassist on Them,Conspiracy and The Eye, then left and came back for HOG and after.

Cheers man! Great job!