First Sebastian Bach now Dee Snider?!

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Bach did a show where he transformed himself into a rapper...
Now Dee Snider jumps on another band wagon...

From Blabbermouth:

TWISTED SISTER Frontman 'Gone Country'? - Oct. 18, 2007 According to Country Standard Time, TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider is oen of seven artists who will take part in John Rich's "Gone Country" show airing in January 2008 on CMT. The six-episode series takes seven established performers from every realm of the entertainment and music industries and immerses them in all things country for a chance to break out as the next big country superstar. Production is currently underway in Nashville.

Other participants are Bobby Brown, Maureen McCormick, Carnie Wilson, Julio Iglesias Jr. and Maureen McCormick.

The show uproots these seven musical celebrities and moves them into a Nashville mansion together to embark on a two-week adventure, hosted by singer/songwriter John Rich of BIG & RICH fame.

Each singer will be paired up with Nashville songwriters to prepare them for a career in country music. In each episode, the cast competes against each other in challenges that will test them musically and physically to adapt to a country music lifestyle, both on and off the stage. At the end of the two weeks, the artist that is most prepared to impress a country audience, as determined by Rich, will record and release a song.

Ah, who cares? Think about it - a song that Dee wrote was used by Celine Dion :puke: for her Xmas album a few years ago.

The genre of classic rock is now closer to modern country music than anything else these days. So if you play rock-n-roll, modern country provides an outlet that has a chance to garner some cash for the artist. So unless you suscribe to the "starving artist" concept, modern country is the way to go. I'm not saying its right or wrong its just my take on this part of the music industry.

How about people doing this kinda thing 'cause it might be a kick? Have a few laughs and experience something they've made a career out of from a different angle/perspective. But I suppose we should never travel out of our comfort zones and try new things.

How about people doing this kinda thing 'cause it might be a kick? Have a few laughs and experience something they've made a career out of from a different angle/perspective. But I suppose we should never travel out of our comfort zones and try new things.

You have a point, but Dee always does these kinds of things and does a sloppy job at them...
Radio host. He's a great guest but doesn't cut it as a radio host...
He tried his hand at "reality" tv only to get owned by Hulk Hogan...
Movies? It was weak at best... As was the acting...
I have no issues with him writing for others...
And I'll admit he's great on TV what I have seen of him hosting on VH-1...
I just think a guy like him is limited to ceratin things and it's sad to see a guy wind up doing these lame kinds of things...
Next stop The Surreal Life...

Listen it's one this to write a song wih someone else in mind. It's an entirely different thing to jump on a trend...

Trend = $$$

$$$ = some people value it over values or image

Therefore Seb and Dee are in the money, in the money :rolleyes:

NP: Praying Mantis - 'Best Years'

I find nothing wrong with that. I would much rather hear Dee do country then Baz do rap. The music industry is spinning the drain quick, so how does an artist feed their family? Maybe the money from this will pay for a tour for their own music? Maybe it will pay for a good promotion for a cd of original cd? If it leads to some great metal i say it is means to an end and a good thing.

I think I'm more alarmed that Bobby Brown is going to be doing a country song!

SO what ? I know alot of metal players that also play country. Its just a kick and somehow I dont think Dee will do well fitting the Nashville mold but he might do it just to blow everyones mind.

You have a point, but Dee always does these kinds of things and does a sloppy job at them...
Radio host. He's a great guest but doesn't cut it as a radio host...
He tried his hand at "reality" tv only to get owned by Hulk Hogan...
Movies? It was weak at best... As was the acting...
I have no issues with him writing for others...
And I'll admit he's great on TV what I have seen of him hosting on VH-1...
I just think a guy like him is limited to ceratin things and it's sad to see a guy wind up doing these lame kinds of things...
Next stop The Surreal Life...

I like Dee as a radio host. He does a good job on House of Hair and the man has charisma. If you think Dee is a bad DJ, you should try living in Canada - we've got some lackluster on-air "talent" up here. As an actor, he's pretty mediocre, but a lot of musicians simply assume they can act. Olivier they ain't.

As a musician, it gets boring playing only metal or rock or whatever all the time. As much as I love metal, I can't do it ALL the time.

I don't know the back story behind Dee wanting to do Country, but why not? I ain't gonna listen to it. It's an outlet for him to try something new. Bach did rap - I couldn't care less nor do I want to listen to it, but it's always fun to try new things as an artist.

If Baz or Dee do well in new territories perhaps it'll give metal some exposure in the rap & country scenes. Carrie Underwood did a great cover of I Remember You, and it's done wonders for both her and Skids.

I like Dee as a radio host. He does a good job on House of Hair and the man has charisma. If you think Dee is a bad DJ, you should try living in Canada - we've got some lackluster on-air "talent" up here. As an actor, he's pretty mediocre, but a lot of musicians simply assume they can act. Olivier they ain't.

As a musician, it gets boring playing only metal or rock or whatever all the time. As much as I love metal, I can't do it ALL the time.

I don't know the back story behind Dee wanting to do Country, but why not? I ain't gonna listen to it. It's an outlet for him to try something new. Bach did rap - I couldn't care less nor do I want to listen to it, but it's always fun to try new things as an artist.

If Baz or Dee do well in new territories perhaps it'll give metal some exposure in the rap & country scenes. Carrie Underwood did a great cover of I Remember You, and it's done wonders for both her and Skids.

Underwood was selling records before the cover in case you missed that. House of Hair can be hosted by anyone, it's all pre-recorded, scripted and requires little prep time and little talent. I referring to Dee's show that he had for a year where he tried to carry a show for 3 hours... It just didn't work.
I will say that he was batter than David Lee but not by much...

The genre of classic rock is now closer to modern country music than anything else these days. So if you play rock-n-roll, modern country provides an outlet that has a chance to garner some cash for the artist. So unless you suscribe to the "starving artist" concept, modern country is the way to go. I'm not saying its right or wrong its just my take on this part of the music industry.

Modern "Country" music, at least in it's popular(pop)incarnation is indeed, in some sort identity crisis itself, it would seem. Flipping through the channels on the tube, I regularly see BonJovi, Kid-Rock and Nickelback to name a few, getting play on CMT - Country Music TV. It's pretty bizarre really. The musical lines continue to blurr...

Perhaps this is why I stick with Metal after 25+ years!:kickass: