First test of the new rig! + Liquid Saffire 56 content

Thanks guys!

I think that sounds Friggin' Awesome. My favourite Recto tone here (sorry Marcus :heh:). What speakers are in your Cab?

Nice Stuff!

Wow, immense compliment! The cab has Mesa Black Shadow MC90's. Still having a mess about with mic positioning since the cone is a fair bit bigger than a V30 but both times ive just shot a up a mic, there was always that note clarity and minimal fizz. I have a small issues with low mids but I think that may be my room and perhaps because I don't have casters yet isnt helping :lol:

I would be very interested in hearing the same clip using the "clean/flat" preamp on the Liquid preamp or the other stock (non-liquid) preamps. It would be a great way to hear the "colour" of the liquid preamps.

Yeah im interested in hearing the differences too. I also want to do some with the harmonic dial cranked at least half way on each preamp since each pre has a different harmonic structure when you push that dial. Will include the flat in this also.

Im gonna do a speaker shootout then ill do the preamp shootout asap.

^ For the second time :D

And I guess the difference in opinion between me and the rest here comes from the fact that I really don't like old school tones; still sounds more like a Marshall than a Mesa to me...